SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton, Radisson and Quality Hotels.
We are looking for a Full Time Senior Sales Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, Charlottetown PEI.
The Senior Sales Manager is primarily responsible for leading the hotels revenue generation efforts through active selling to the all required markets, not limiting to Business travel, Tour, Sports and execution of sales & marketing strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Generates new Business Travel, Groups and projects by prospecting for new accounts, contacting and servicing key target accounts within market segment and works with sales coordinator to maximize leads and coordinate new projects.
- Builds relationships with key accounts and actively targets new business.
- Prioritizes time to ensure daily prospecting and proactive selling.
- Secures business through prospecting, networking, presentations and sales calls.
- Prepares proposals, rate negotiations, block space, processing of contracts and following up to secure the business.
- Compiles and manages database with account information.
- Participates in relevant trade shows and promotional events, and conducts presentations within the hotel and travel industry.
- Works closely with both the SilverBirch National Sales Teams
- Conducts site inspections for clients.
- Maintains an active role in the community, civic and industry segments.
- Understands customers, builds organizational credibility and develops new revenue sources on an on-going basis.
- Understands the competition set and their business mix is familiar with share shift strategies and actively targets the hotels and market’s right fit business.
- Provides direction, leadership, support and coaching to sales and catering team to achieve professional, performance and organizational goals.
- Ensures the hotel sales team understands the hotel’s market focus and revenue strategies.
- Compiles and analyzes reports to meet overall results and goals.
- Regularly reviews revenue forecasts with the revenue management team.
- Prepares a rolling action plan (i.e. calls, trips, activities, etc.) and reports progress regularly with General Manager.
- Ensures customer concerns are addressed in a timely and professional manner and follows the “Remarkable Recovery” formula.
- Promotes and encourages inter-departmental cooperation and communication to ensure overall guest satisfaction is at an optimum.
- Ensures sales associates are recognized regularly for their contribution.
- Identifies and analyzes marketing/sales needs and develops effective short and long term strategies to meet the changing needs of the hotel and the surrounding business environment.
- Analyzes market research data to identify trends and opportunities to increase revenues and market share.
- Executes on pricing strategies as determined by the revenue management team all segments.
- Participates in department head meetings.
- Conducts performance reviews according to established deadlines.
- Adheres to all SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts standards, including Hygiene and Grooming, Health and Safety, Fire Safety, Key Deliverables and SPIRIT Standards, GREEN and Guest Interactions.
- Other projects/duties as assigned.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- High School diploma. University or college degree in Hotel Management/Business Administration.
- Minimum 3 years experience in Senior Sales with proven Sales results.
- Previous management experience.
- Able to work well independently with little supervision.
- Experienced with Delphi and major Property Management System (Opera).
- Ability to present information in one-on-one and group situations. Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints. Strong computer and tele-prospecting skills.
- Typically sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching or stooping; occasionally lifting 5-25 lbs
- The work environment is an office setting, which has the following conditions: low noise environment; high traffic area for internally and external guests, exposure to office equipment such as photocopier, fax and telephone, potential exposure to theft and/or belligerent guests.
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.