SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages a large portfolio of full-service, focused service and extended stay hotels across Canada. The company manages independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton and Radisson.
We are looking for 1 part-time Restaurant Server at The DoubleTree by Hilton in Regina.
Reporting to the Restaurant Manager this position will provide personal recognition to guests as well as acknowledging return guests by using guest names. Place meals according to expectations and ensuring guest satisfaction with the dining experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure proper set-up for all tables for assigned stations.
- Set tables, inspects linen, silver, china and other table items.
- Exhibit knowledge of all items on the menu and wine list.
- Serve food and beverages to customers, refills beverages as needed.
- Receive customer’s order for any food or beverage that varies from the set menu.
- Maximize food and beverage revenues through the suggestive selling of specials, alcoholic beverages, desserts and specialty coffees.
- Operate the Micros computer system to communicate orders, maintain guest checks, process corrections and settlements, balancing at the end of shift.
- Refer complaints on food or service to the Outlets Manager or supervisor on duty.
- Cooperate closely with the other servers to ensure that prompt service is given at all times.
- Clean up tables and serving areas, completes all side duties prior to end of shift
- Adhere to hotel policies and procedures
- Follow hotel grooming and dress standards
- Other related duties as assigned
- Keep immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- WHIMIS certified
- Food Safe Certified
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in food/beverage customer service
- POS Micros experience an asset
- Energetic and flexible, able to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated, creative, capable of working in a team environment
- Reliable, hardworking, punctual and dependable
- Exceptional communication skill
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift.
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs.
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting.
- Must follow the dress code and service etiquettes as specified at all times.
- Follow all policies and procedures outlined in the associate handbook.
- Must sign letter of employment, confidentiality agreement, and other documents pertaining to the position.
- The successful candidate must be available for Friday evenings, as well as Saturdays and Sundays for both day shifts and evening shifts.
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.