SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages a large portfolio of full-service, focused service and extended stay hotels across Canada. The company manages hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton and Radisson.
We are looking for a relief Night Auditor (casual) at the Residence Inn by Marriott Vancouver Downtown, Vancouver, BC.
The Residence Inn by Marriott Downtown Vancouver is the premier extended stay hotel in the city, providing an energizing, modern and warm environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify and balance daily charges for all departments to customer folios, master accounts and house accounts; make corrections as necessary ensuring all required documentation is obtained.
- Balance the rooms audit with the night clerk’s summary.
- Run computer through nightly processing sequence to reset for next day’s use in balancing of applicable functions.
- Audit food & beverage income postings and charges.
- Record and balance all food and beverage income.
- Balance the guest ledger postings to the restaurant audit guest ledger.
- Record and balance staff and house charges.
- Audit all banquet tickets before postings, verifying the accuracy of the calculations and attach the latest.
- Review all credit card vouchers for proper imprints, authorizations and correct amounts.
- Prepare and transmit credit card deposits.
- Process all city ledger work to accounting.
- Exceed customer and associate service expectations by providing added value to the hotel team and by doing whatever is reasonable and possible to meet their expectations.
- Work as part of the overall team to ensure the hotel’s effective and profitable operation.
- Work towards win-win solutions for all internal and external customer issues.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Records and balances all food and beverage income
- Balances guest ledger postings to the restaurant audit guest ledger
- Records and balances associates and house changes
- Ensures and monitors the security of the hotel, guests/patrons during the overnight shift
- Checks guests in and out of hotel by following proper settlement procedures.
- Communicates with all related departments regarding guest concerns.
- Answers the switchboard and all other related phone duties in a polite and professional manner.
- Handles and competes daily cash summaries following credit policies as outlined by management.
- Familiar with various rates charged for types of accommodations available and maximize revenue with every check-in.
- Answers all guest inquiries, complaints concerning the hotel, its services, etc. in a polite and tactful manner.
Preferred Skills & Qualities:
- Minimum 1-2 year customer service experience
- Minimum 1 year accounting experience
- Able to multi task and meet deadlines
- Must have experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with FOSSE or other PMS systems an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Tourism/Hospitality Management Diploma or Post-Secondary Degree preferred
- Sound judgement and decision making skills
- Night shift position 11:00pm-7:30am, weekends required, holidays may also be required, some week day overnights may be needed to cover relief, vacation, sick calls, etc.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Should have excellent analytical skills and communication skills
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time if required.
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS WELCOMES AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES. ACCOMMODATIONS ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST FOR CANDIDATES TAKING PART IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE SELECTION PROCESS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.