SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages a large portfolio of full-service, focused service and extended stay hotels across Canada. The company manages hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton and Radisson.
We are looking for a full time Manager on Duty at the Residence Inn by Marriott Vancouver Downtown, Vancouver, BC.
The Residence Inn by Marriott Downtown Vancouver is the premier extended stay hotel in the city, providing an energizing, modern and warm environment. It is the objective of the Manager on Duty to create 100% Guest & Associate satisfaction by exceeding guest and associate expectations and assist the leadership team in setting and achieving both financial and service goals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees day to day hotel operations and will be responsible for the smooth operation of the overall hotel in the absence of senior management
- Complete a walk of the property daily to ensure the safety and security of hotel staff and guests
- Checks in with each department to ensure staffing levels are sufficient and service levels are up to brand standards
- Checks with housekeeping and maintenance to ensure all rooms are in service for the day
- Ensures that safety and security of hotel staff and guests; acts as the point person when overseeing on-site emergency situations
- Communicates all guest or staff issues that may occur to the General Manager and Department Heads; resolves as necessary and appropriate and completes all coaching of staff that may be required
- Providing daily communication to all departments regarding all relevant information pertaining to the shift
- Act as a “lead” when attending the Daily Huddles
- Arranges for any special guest requests and works with other departments as necessary to ensure that requests are met
- Reviews and completes all daily reports as assigned
- Provides the General Manager and Department Heads with daily shift summaries
- Ensures proper coverage of shifts and breaks for associates and assigns tasks to associates in all departments as required
- Attends and assists as necessary in conducting monthly departmental meetings
- Ensures that special billing instructions are set up and communicated accurately
- Oversees the adherence to Internal Audit Controls in all operational areas
- Oversees adherences to the Collective Bargaining Agreement within the hotel during assigned shifts
- Actively participates in department head meetings and other organizational events
- Commits to being a 5 Green Key environmentally responsible hotel, actively participates in organizational initiatives and seeks out opportunities to reduce, reuse, repurpose and recycle
- Commits to promoting and following Occupational Health and Safety related requirements and standards
- Assists with setting goals and standards while finding solutions that are beneficial to guests and associates, while meeting deadlines
- Recognizes and rewards top performance, is approachable, caring, and considerate
- Contributes to the overall strategic goals, initiatives and organizational objectives (i.e. Corporate, Regional and Hotel)
- Participates in the recruiting, performance management, performance evaluation, scheduling, and month end processes
- Assists in scheduling, payroll, and development reviews
- Other duties as required
Job Specifications and Skills:
- Hospitality operations experience including Front Desk, Food & Beverage and Housekeeping, including a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
- Previous experience in recruiting, training, scheduling and performance management
- Previous experience managing in an unionized business
- Post-secondary education in hospitality or a related field a definite asset
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Outstanding team player, able to motivate and support all front of house associates
- Technical skills include experience in Hotel PMS Systems. FOSSE, DELPHI, MICROS, MS Windows, Excel and other related hotel and business systems
- Must be a self-starter with demonstrated leadership ability and interpersonal skills
- Must be available all shifts including morning, afternoons and overnight shifts as required
- Must be extremely organized with outstanding attention to detail
- Successful candidate must have the desire to work in a Quality based environment
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Food Safe Certification an asset
- Physical requirements of the position include the ability to lift approximately 25-55 lbs.
- Required to stand and walk for the majority of the shift
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS WELCOMES AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES. ACCOMMODATIONS ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST FOR CANDIDATES TAKING PART IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE SELECTION PROCESS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at email@example.com and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.