SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages a large portfolio of full-service, focused service and extended stay hotels across Canada. The company manages independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton and Radisson.
We are looking for a Full-time General Manager at the DoubleTree by Hilton Regina in Regina, SK.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Asset Management, the General Manager is responsible for maximizing hotel profitability by focusing on revenue generation, market share growth, operating efficiencies, associate engagement and guest satisfaction in a full-service hotel environment. In addition, this role is accountable for the coaching and mentoring of all leadership team members in fostering a strong service and performance driven culture. The General Manager will achieve desired outcomes through the alignment of operational and organizational strategies and as a senior leader possess an exceptional track record for bringing about positive change in a winning environment. The General Manager will excel in change management, facilitation and people management skills allowing for the delivery of operational excellence.
The General Manager is a strategic thinker responsible for the development and timely execution of hotel business plans as it relates to the operation of their hotel. They direct and coordinate the activities of the hotel operations in accordance with set policies and procedures and provides leadership to ensure the achievement of all key performance indicators with a specific focus on the delivery of guest services. Utilizing strong interpersonal skills, the General Manager is the champion in all matters related to associate engagement. They are wholly familiar with their hotels’ brand and will have knowledge of all areas of their hotels’ operations. They are recognized as being a mentor and coach ensuring a keen eye on the development and support of future talent. The General Manager is results driven and ultimately accountable for the performance of their respective hotels.
This position understands current and developing trends and is recognized as a positive ambassador for SilverBirch within the local hotel environment. They represent the Company with integrity while promoting the Company within their local market.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall property performance in a full-service hotel environment with extensive food & beverage including restaurant, catering, in-room dining, and franchised Starbucks outlet
- Develops and executes the property business plan
- Develops and ensures execution of annual property financial budget
- Directs hotel team in the achievement of all financial and operational key performance indicators and contribution targets
- Provides leadership to the hotel revenue generation process, ensuring that proactive sales plans are in place to achieve overall hotel growth targets
- Adjusts the hotels’ business plans in response to changing market conditions
- Reviews and analyzes monthly financial and operating metrics focussed on achieving key performance indicators; including Net Operating Income, Flow Through, RevPAR Index, Guest Satisfaction, Associate Engagement and, Brand Inspections
- Develops and executes annual Capital Expenditure Program
- Ensures effective property organizational structures, processes and procedures to maintain top of brand performance
- Maintains highly productive relationships and partnerships for the benefit of the company
- Ensures full compliance with all SilverBirch and Brand policies and procedures
- Ensures full compliance with all regulatory and statutory regulations and requirements, including but not limited to: health, liquor, labour, environmental and fire code regulations. Is informed of all changes to regulatory requirements affecting hotel operations.
- Is an engaged ambassador both internally and externally for SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- Is fully aware of all brand processes, procedures and best practices, including standards, reporting, quality inspections, guest satisfaction measurement, and ensures compliance and top of brand performance
- Attends brand meetings and conferences as required
- Participates in brand site visits and property inspections and develops action plans for their home hotel, and assists the General Managers with this process at the other hotels in their portfolio
- Acts as the chief spokesperson at their home hotel in response to social media and public relations
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- Certificate/Diploma/Degree or equivalent education in Hospitality or Hotel Management; achievement of a Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA) designation is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a hotel leadership team member and /or hotel manager
- Extensive senior leadership experience preferably within a Branded full-service hotel environment; matched with exposure to the daily management of all areas of operation involving food & beverage, human capital, sales & marketing, budget management, rooms, housekeeping and maintenance.
- Extensive experience leading teams within a unionized operation.
- Experience working with the Hilton brand an asset.
- Experience and knowledge of small market hotel operations
- Ability to be a role model of hospitality leadership and inspre the leadership team to achieve success as a team.
- Strong hands-on leadership and facilitation skills – demonstrated ability to lead and/or influence others to have a specific impact or effect.
- Ability to set priorities, plan, organize, delegate, control and inspire and hold others accountable for their actions
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated broad business knowledge and organizational awareness
- Team-building and inspirational leadership experience
- Demonstrates a total commitment to the stakeholder (ownership, corporate teams, guests & associates) both anticipating and delivering on expectations
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in a unionized environment.
- Hotel environment, normal office conditions.
- Some evening and/or weekend hours when necessary.
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at email@example.com and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.