SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages a large portfolio of full-service, focused service and extended stay hotels across Canada. The company manages independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton and Radisson.
We are looking for an Food & Beverage Supervisor at the Radisson Hotel Edmonton South in Edmonton, Alberta.
Reporting to the Director of Food & Beverage, the F&B Supervisor is responsible for assisting in the management of our in-house pub The supervisor will be trained in the restaurant and in-room dining as well. The Food & Beverage Division’s objective by department is to achieve revenue, profit, labour, and customer satisfaction goals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain warm, hospitable guest relations in all guest contacts.
- Meet or exceed budgeted goals in sales and profit margins of food and beverage departments.
- Provide and support a fun, up-beat yet professional environment where Associates are trained to provide exceptional quality beverage and table service and receive regular performance feedback; while promoting and adhering to a safe working environment and in conjunction with AGLC regulations.
- Build harmonious and effective working relationship with other departments.
- Understand key financial data as required for budgeting and forecasting.
- Prepare and review orders and complete monthly food and beverage inventories.
- Assist with scheduling as well as completion, balancing and daily approvals of payroll.
- Assist with regular performance planning and review meetings for associates.
- Attend leadership meetings, committee meetings, BEO, and communication meetings as required
- Assist in the operation of the POS system, including the inputting, and changing of menu items.
- Other related duties as assigned
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum two years’ experience in a management/supervisory position in the Food & Beverage industry.
- Must have Valid ProTect and ProServe Certifications
- Food Safety Certification
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Micros, Delphi, and Opera experience an asset Strong leadership abilities, including training and development.
- Demonstrated understanding of restaurant, in-room dining, banquets, and bar operations.
- Experience in hiring, scheduling, controlling costs and managing within a budget.
- Possess exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Adaptable to changing situations and ability to work well under pressure.
- Shift work; late nights, mid-shifts
- Working closely with multicultural team and guests
- On the operational floor, on feet for long periods of time, work involves: standing, walking, bending, pushing, pulling, and lifting.
- Day, evening, weekend, and holiday hours as required by business.
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at email@example.com and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.