SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages a large portfolio of full-service, focused service and extended stay hotels across Canada. The company manages hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton and Radisson.
We are looking for a full time Executive Housekeeper at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott St. John’s in St. John’s Newfoundland.
The Executive Housekeeper is responsible for achieving the highest quality of cleanliness for the overall hotel by directing and coordinating the housekeeping and janitorial operations. This role will also assist on delivering on the guest experience promise and support good public and employee relations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and coordinate the daily activities of the housekeeping, laundry and janitorial team.
- Schedule associates in accordance with forecasted occupancy; adjusts staffing as necessary for sudden changes.
- Coordinate availability of rooms with Front Office Manager.
- Select, orient, train and coach qualified associates, to ensure execution of hotel standards, key deliverables and approved methods of service and cleanliness.
- Find solutions, set goals and standards that are decisive and achievement oriented, benefiting both guests and associates, while ensuring to meet all deadlines.
- Monitor the responses on customer comment cards and other guest feedback; identifies problem areas and formulates solutions
- Manage performance for all direct reports according to hotel policies as required, including providing performance reviews according to established deadlines.
- Meet and exceed the expectations of the associates by utilizing leadership skills and motivation techniques in order to maximize associate productivity and satisfaction of direct reports.
- Conduct daily walk through and continual inspections of the hotel. Note any deficiencies and follow up as required.
- Develop strategies and action plans to achieve set goals and objectives for cash flow, customer service scores and associate engagement scores.
- Ensure the Housekeeping Department operates within approved budgets and assists in the preparation of annual budget and forecasting expenses/labour.
- Oversee inventory, purchasing, disbursement, and cost control for all linens, cleaning supplies, guest rooms, restroom supplies, laundry supplies, machines, and equipment, ensuring necessary resources are readily available.
- Schedule and supervise all rotational and special cleaning programs as required. Implements monthly room cleaning and lost & found programs in accordance with policies, standards and procedures.
- Work closely with the maintenance department conducting product and/or equipment tests as necessary.
- Lead and co-ordinates renovation projects as related to guest rooms and other areas as assigned.
- Maintain safe working conditions within department and hotel by ensuring that all associates are trained and follow WHMIS and Health & Safety rules and procedures.
- Report all concerns related to Engineering/Maintenance, Health and Safety, Security or Suspicious Circumstances (including smells, sights and sound) immediately.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
- Strong communication, supervisory and problem solving skills.
- Able to delegate tasks to associates and facilitate completion
- Excellent organizational skills and leadership abilities.
- Demonstrates accuracy, consistency and thoroughness.
- Detail Oriented.
- Able to motivate a team.
- Able to work well independently with little supervision.
- Able to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Able to present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- High School diploma and post secondary education is required.
- Diploma in hospitality management is an asset.
- Proficiency with MS office.
- Experience with a property management system.
- Experience in housekeeping is an asset.
- Previous management experience.
- Physically fit and able to push, pull, and lift up to 50 lbs. and to bend and kneel with comfort.
- Fast paced environment that is often demanding.
- Stand, walk and remain on feet and perform job duties for large portion of shift duration.
- Use of cleaning chemicals.
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS WELCOMES AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES. ACCOMMODATIONS ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST FOR CANDIDATES TAKING PART IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE SELECTION PROCESS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.