SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages a large portfolio of full-service, focused service and extended stay hotels across Canada. The company manages independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton and Radisson.
We are looking for a permanent Conference Services Manager at Radisson Hotel Edmonton South.
In the role of the Conference Services Manager, you will be an expert in event planning and catering and will maximize hotel revenue by seeking out, identifying, and fully qualifying the ideal clients for our banquet venues for our Social and Wedding market, as well as selling our SilverBirch Conference Centre – SBCC concept.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Exceed guest and team member expectations by providing the best service and maintaining a positive attitude
- Communicate effectively with customers, co- workers, and supervisors
- Creative individual assisting in the development of sales tools such as packages, menus, etc.
- Comfortable with personal accountability regarding meeting deadlines and targets
- Ensure that function set up meets and exceeds guest expectations by working closely with conveners and meeting planners; this is inclusive but not limited to meetings rooms, equipment requirements, food and beverage
- Responsible for negotiation of pricing for catering functions, meeting rooms and guestrooms
- Utilize appropriate selling techniques to solicit new and repeat business
- Prepare weekly contracts for incoming functions and guestrooms assuring the appropriate departments are made aware of these expectations
- Conduct professional site tours and communicate client details to hotel departments regarding the site tour.
- Follow up on proposals for group and convention business and prepare contracts for group and/or meeting and convention business.
- Prospect potential current and new clients for catering, and/or group room business
- To work with and assist each assigned catering client from point of initial contact until the final evaluation is complete
- To develop a working relationship with the sales & catering, banquet, culinary and rooms division teams
- To be aware of marketplace events and changes that impact the business of the hotel, and to react quickly and appropriately to maximize potential revenues; tracking competitor and marketplace information
- Maintain flexible availability when setting up appointments with clientele
- Answer telephone in a courteous and timely fashion
- Acquire knowledge of hotel, in house facilities and local information to respond to guest inquiries
- Follow all Health & Safety policies of the Radisson Edmonton South
- Keep supervisors informed promptly of all problems or unusual matters
- Attend monthly department and training meetings as scheduled
- Follow SilverBirch Hotels and Resorts Value Statement
- Perform other duties as required
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 2 years catering consultant experience is required
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting
- Computer skills are necessary including but not limited to: Microsoft Office & Delphi
- Able to manage multiple projects, competing priorities, objectives, and deadlines
- Display positive attitude, maintain enthusiasm, and celebrate both individual and team success
- Proven interpersonal skills, organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Energetic and flexible, working well under pressure
- Previous customer service and/or related experience is an asset
- Self- motivated, creative, friendly, and capable of working in a team environment
- Normal office working conditions.
- Lifting of supplies, material/collateral. From time to time the position will require long periods of standing.
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.