We are looking for a Chef de Partie for the Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites by Hilton Downtown in Halifax. Reporting to the Food and Beverage Manager, the Chef de Partie will assist in leading the Food & Beverage Department to ensure a high level of productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Meets and exceeds customer and team member expectations in providing superior service through leading by example
- Inventory counts and practices
- Communicates effectively with customers, co-workers and Managers
- Ability to prepare all variety of menu items inclusive of (but not limited to) soups, stocks, sauces, meat, poultry, game, fish and shellfish, pasta, grains, baked goods and desserts and garde manger items
- Prepares and will oversee production for all daily food requirements.
- Food ordering and costing
- Ensures prep work complete for daily requirements and all special functions (SBCC, Banquets and breakfast rooms)
- Has presence in both front and back of house to ensure exceptional presentation, food safety and appropriate volumes
- Ensures overall kitchen cleanliness and inventory rotation and maintenance of equipment
- Actively participates in washing dishes, cutlery, pots, pans, serving equipment and utilizing dishwashing machinery.
- Keeps Manager promptly and fully informed of all concerns and proactively offers solutions
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate
- Consistently practices guest and associate privacy and security
- Contribute to a healthy and safe work environment by reporting all safety hazards, following WHMIS and Fire safety training, and working in a safe manner.
- At all times projects a favorable image of SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts to the public
- Consistently demonstrate our SilverBirch values – Engagement, Quality, Performance, Growth and Integrity
- Other duties as assigned by Food and Beverage Manager
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- Interprovincial Culinary Red Seal
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years in a Cook 1 or Chef de Partie Role
- Previous supervisory/lead experience in a busy kitchen environment
- Previous Banquet experience
- WHMIS an asset
- Must be computer literate
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
- Good communication (verbal/written) and organization skills
- Self -motivated with a passion for the culinary industry
- Ability to coordinate and provide guidance to front and back of the house Food & Beverage associates
- Excellent knife handling skills
- Excellent knowledge of food safety, safe work practices and provincial Health regulations
- Excellent knowledge of food portion, ordering, costing
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS AND RESORTS WELCOMES AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES. ACCOMMODATIONS ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST FOR CANDIDATES TAKING PART IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE SELECTION PROCESS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.