SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages
over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under
major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton, Radisson, Quality, Best Western and Ramada.
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant at the Corporate Office based in Downtown
The Administrative Assistant will be based in the SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts Downtown corporate
offices in Vancouver and will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Finance and Accounting. This
unique role will provide varied project and administrative support for the Finance, Accounting and IT teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to and supports the Senior Vice President Finance and Accounting
- Provides team support for the IT, Accounting and Finance functions
- Assists with preparation of documents for Board of Directors and Audit Committee meetings
- Ensures a professional demeanor in all situations and be able to maintain confidentiality
- Act as liaison with other departments and stakeholders
- Manage, prepare, edit and/or proofread detailed documents, spreadsheets and reports
- Schedule meetings, prepare agendas, documents, and distribution of meeting minutes
- Coordinate and provide proactive support for ad hoc and ongoing projects as required
- Attend committee meetings, note taking and précis writing
- Assist in other areas as required.
Preferred Education & Skills:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in an administrative role with sound knowledge of business support processes, tools and techniques
- Advanced computer skills (including MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Maturity, diplomacy & high degree of professionalism
- Ability to work under pressure with a high level of attention to detail
- Strong organization and communications skills with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders simultaneously
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Personable with a positive can-do attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal amount of supervision
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
Contact us at:
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND
ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent
SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian