SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages a large portfolio of full-service, focused service and extended stay hotels across Canada. The company manages independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton and Radisson.
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant & Office Coordinator at our Corporate Office located in Vancouver, BC.
The Administrative Assistant who will provide administrative support to the President and Senior Executives (as required) and general Office Coordination for the day-to-day activities at SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts Corporate Office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide general administrative and confidential support to the President and Senior Executives (as required). This may include, but is not limited to booking travel, calendar management, completing expense reports, booking meetings/conferences etc.
• Champion the culture at Corporate Office by assisting the Success Committee Chair in planning and executing office activities.
• Manage the day-to-day tasks to ensure the smooth operation of a corporate head office such as ordering kitchen and office supplies.
• Liaise with building engineers on matters such as lighting, minor office repairs
• Liaise with security company and distribute security card and maintain database.
• Liaise with outside catering companies to provide hospitality services for Senior Executive meetings or guests
• Oversee and coordinate incoming/outgoing mail and couriers
• Maintain various databases and lists such as telephone, hotel GM’s,
• Manage office phone system and incoming calls
• Greet and welcome visitors to Corporate Office
• Assist with any other projects of assignments as required
Preferred Skills, Abilities & Knowledge
• Exercise good judgment in recognizing scope of authority and protecting confidential information a must
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; including a good command of English
• Proven experience as an administrative assistant or office coordinator
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Strong attention to detail and dedication to accurate and high-quality work
• Excellent organization skills and flexibility in often changing priorities
• Ability to work as a team member and independently
• Creative problem solver with ability to address issues quickly and independently with judgement to escalate when needed
• Demonstrated high level of initiative and time management with the ability to multitask
• A can-do, winning attitude and track record of this
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
• Minimum of 2 years’ previous experience in an administration role
• College diploma required
• Normal office working conditions
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS. ACCOMMODATIONS ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST FOR CANDIDATES TAKING PART IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
• does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
• does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.