New extended-stay hotel offers condo-style living for guests in the heart of the city
VANCOUVER, B.C., July 25, 2012 – This Friday, July 27, SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts will officially open its doors to welcome guests to the new Residence Inn® by Marriott Vancouver Downtown, the first branded, designated extended-stay hotel in Vancouver. The $25 million transformation has infused new design elements to offer hotel guests the “home away from home” experience.
Located at 1234 Hornby Street, the 201-room all-suite hotel provides guests with everything they need to thrive on longer stays by offering spacious suites ranging from 420 sq ft to over 800 sq ft with well equipped kitchens, free WiFi and in-room high-speed internet access, enhanced work desks, ergonomically designed chairs, luxury bedding and complimentary hot breakfast. Guests will also enjoy designs reflecting the west coast setting such as a raindrop wall in the hotel lobby and displays of artwork by local artists in the guestrooms.
“We are excited to introduce the Residence Inn® by Marriott Vancouver Downtown and to offer guests travelling to the city a residential, upscale hotel experience at an affordable rate,” said Steve Giblin, President and CEO of SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts. “Vancouver’s tourism industry has shown continuous growth and we are thrilled to partner with Marriott to launch this new hotel. We are confident the hotel will become a preferred choice for the city’s visitors who are looking for not just a room, but a residence they can call home as they experience what the city has to offer.”
Guests of the Residence Inn® as well as the local community can also enjoy a unique dining experience at Cavino – Coffee by Day – Wine by Night. Cavino restaurant will serve Starbucks® coffee and patisserie-style baked goods in the morning and transform into a wine bar offering a tapas-style menu in the evening. Partnering with local producers, including Oyama Sausage Company and Benton Bros. Cheese Company, Cavino presents a west coast inspired menu featuring fresh and organic ingredients. Cavino’s signature items include the Truffle Popcorn pairing with sparkling wine, and dessert favourites like the Neapolitan Marshmallow and Bailey’s Cake, inspired by SilverBirch’s restaurant, the Fish House in Stanley Park.
Residence Inn® by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Hotel Features
- Spacious studios and studio suites with separate living, working, dining and sleeping areas
- Located in downtown Vancouver, within close proximity to the Convention Centre, Yaletown, a vibrant dining scene and world-class shopping
- Well-equipped contemporary in-suite kitchens and grocery delivery service provided by the guest services team
- Complimentary daily hot breakfast buffet with a wide selection of healthy and indulgent offerings
- Free WiFi and high-speed internet in all suites
- Complimentary evening socials twice a week featuring light fare and a weekly BBQ offering tasty bites in a relaxing environment
- The Market®: Convenient 24-hour market in the lobby
- Semi-private and “social” common areas including lounge, fitness centre, indoor heated pool and outdoor garden terrace with fire pit and BBQ grill
- Lower rates for longer length stays
For inquiries about the special pre-opening Group Rate please email Melanie Koller email@example.com or call 1 604 601 5256. For individual reservations, please call 1-800-331-3131 (toll free) or visit www.residenceinn.com/yvrdr.
About SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. The company manages independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Radisson, Hilton, Quality and Best Western.www.silverbirchhotels.com
|@SBHotelsResorts||SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts Facebook|
For more information, please contact: