VANCOUVER, B.C., February 22, 2012 –Reservations are now being accepted for the new Residence Inn® by Marriott Vancouver Downtown, the first branded, designated extended-stay hotel in the city. The hotel is scheduled to open in summer 2012 and is now taking reservations for August 25, 2012 and beyond, including a special pre-opening group rate starting at $170 for groups of 10 or more.
“Residence Inn® by Marriott Vancouver Downtown, located on Hornby Street, is currently undergoing a $25 million transformation (the property is the former Cascadia Hotel and Suites). The 201-room all-suite hotel is designed to provide travelers with everything they need to thrive on longer stays with special features including enhanced work desks, ergonomically designed chairs and luxury bedding. Hotel amenities include an indoor heated pool and an outdoor terrace garden equipped with a BBQ grill and fire pit. The extended stay hotel will offer spacious suites ranging from 420 sq ft to over 800 sq ft with fully equipped kitchens, free WiFi and in-room high-speed internet access, and complimentary hot breakfast.
“As Vancouver’s hospitality and tourism industry continues to grow, we are excited to offer frequent business travelers and conference groups a new hotel in partnership with Marriott designed to provide a residential upscale hotel experience with modern amenities,” said Steve Giblin, President and CEO of SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts which owns and manages the Residence Inn® Vancouver Downtown.
A first for SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts will be the introduction of their new and unique all-day dining experience at the Residence Inn Vancouver Downtown: Cavino – Coffee by Day – Wine by Night. Cavino restaurant will serve Starbucks® coffee and patisserie-style baked goods in the morning and transform into a wine bar offering a tapas-style menu in the evening.
Residence Inn® by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Hotel Features
- Spacious studios and studio suites with separate living, working, dining and sleeping areas
- Located in downtown Vancouver, within close proximity to the Convention Centre, Yaletown, a vibrant dining scene and world-class shopping
- Fully equipped contemporary in-suite kitchens
- Complimentary daily hot breakfast buffet with a wide selection of healthy and indulgent offerings
- Free WiFi and high-speed internet in all suites
- Complimentary evening socials twice a week featuring light fare and a weekly BBQ offering tasty bites in a relaxing environment
- The Market®: Convenient 24-hour market in the lobby
- Semi-private and “social” common areas including lounge, fitness centre, indoor heated pool and outdoor garden terrace with fire pit and BBQ grill
- Lower rates for longer length stays
For inquiries about the special pre-opening Group Rate please email Melanie Koller firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1 604 601 5256. For individual reservations, please call 1-800-331-3131 (toll free) or visit http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/yvrdr-residence-inn-vancouver-downtown/.
SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. The company manages independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Radisson, Hilton, Quality and Best Western.www.silverbirchhotels.com
For more information, please contact: