ECO FRIENDLY HOTELS – OUR ENVIRONMENTAL COMMITMENT
We believe environmental stewardship is good for our planet, good for our associates and good for our guests. Our eco friendly hotels support their commitment to the environment through various initiatives, such as to manage energy wisely, preserve natural resources and minimize the environmental impact of operations. Each of our hotels has an Environmental Committee made up of employees from a range of operational areas that investigate ways to reduce the hotel’s impact on the environment. This includes everything from choosing eco friendly hotel soaps and cleaning detergents that are soft on the environment to installing energy efficient lighting, upgrading heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, improving waste management practices and reducing water and energy consumption. Collectively, we are doing our part to help reduce our company-wide eco-footprint.
Our hotels all participate in the Hotel Association of Canada’s Green Key Eco-Rating Program. The program is based on a graduated rating system for hotels, motels and resorts to recognize their level of environmental performance. All of the hotels listed on the BetterMeetings.ca website have received either a three or five Green Key rating.
OUR ENVIRONMENTAL COMMITMENT
A green meeting ensures that all aspects of the event are approached with pollution prevention in mind in order to reduce its environmental impact. Please contact each hotel directly for more information on their environmental initiatives.
For your convenience, we’ve also highlighted a few key ways that you can strive to be green friendly for your next function at one of our hotels.
- When purchasing gifts for participants, consider environmentally friendly products with recycled content, items made by local artisans or investing in an eco-friendly project.
- Rather than printing the conference material, burn it to a CD or USB key, post it on a web site or email it to participants.
- Any printing done for the conference/registration package should be printed on recycled paper and double sided.
- Give your participants reusable coffee mugs at the start of the conference.
- Give your participants information on nature based activities or walking trails in the area.
- Organize vans or carpooling for conference participants.
- Send an email explaining to the participants what actions are being taken to make the event eco-friendly.
- If participants are staying in the hotel, ask that they do their part as well by re-using towels, recycling paper and plastic and turning off the lights and heating when leaving the room.