SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages a large portfolio of full-service, focused service and extended stay hotels across Canada. The company manages hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton and Radisson.
We are looking for a full time Senior Sales Manager at the Residence Inn by Marriott Vancouver Downtown, Vancouver, BC for a temporary contract (14 month maternity leave coverage).
The Residence Inn by Marriott Downtown Vancouver is the premier extended stay hotel in the city, providing an energizing, modern and warm environment. The Senior Sales Manager is primarily responsible for leading the hotels revenue generation efforts through active selling and execution of sales & marketing strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Generates leads by contacting and servicing key target accounts within market segment and works with sales team to maximize leads and coordinate new projects.
- Builds relationships with key accounts and actively targets new business.
- Prioritizes time to ensure daily prospecting and proactive selling.
- Secures business through prospecting, networking, presentations and sales calls.
- Prepares proposals, rate negotiations, block space, processing of contracts and following up to secure the business.
- Compiles and manages database with account information.
- Participates in relevant trade shows and promotional events, and conducts presentations within the hotel and travel industry.
- Works closely with both the Marriott National Sales Team
- Ensures regular contact with Marriott National Sales and participates in activities and calls to maximize the relationship.
- Conducts site inspections for clients.
- Attends morning sales review meeting.
- Maintains an active role in the community, civic and industry segments.
- Understands customers, builds organizational credibility and develops new revenue sources on an on-going basis.
- Understands the competition set and their business mix, is familiar with share shift strategies and actively targets the hotel’s and market’s right fit business.
- Compiles and analyzes reports to meet overall results and goals.
- Regularly reviews revenue forecasts with the revenue management team Prepares a rolling action plan (i.e. calls, trips, activities, etc.) and reports progress regularly with General Manager.
- Ensures customer concerns are addressed in a timely and professional manner and follows the “Remarkable Recovery” formula.
- Promotes and encourages inter-departmental cooperation and communication to ensure overall guest satisfaction is at an optimum.
- Ensures sales associates are recognized regularly for their contribution.
- Identifies and analyzes marketing/sales needs and develops effective short and long term strategies to meet the changing needs of the hotel and the surrounding business environment.
- Analyzes market research data to identify trends and opportunities to increase revenues and market share.
- Executes on pricing strategies as determined by the revenue management team all segments .
- Provides direction, leadership, support and coaching to sales and catering team to achieve professional, performance and organizational goals.
- Participates in department head meetings.
- Conducts performance reviews according to established deadlines.
- Adheres to all SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts standards, including Hygiene and Grooming, Health and Safety, Fire Safety, Key Deliverables and SPIRIT Standards, GREEN and Guest Interactions.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Job Specifications and Skills:
- High School diploma. University or college degree in Hotel Management/Business Administration.
- Minimum 3 years experience in senior sales.
- Previous management experience.
- Experience with Delphi and major Property Management System (Opera, OnQ or FOSSE).
- Computer skills including: Microsoft Word, Excel, Delphi and/or related catering/sales program.
- Ability to present information in one-on-one and group situations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective sales skills to secure new business and up-sell products and services.
- Strong computer and tele-prospecting skills.
- Proven interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Normal office working conditions.
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS WELCOMES AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES. ACCOMMODATIONS ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST FOR CANDIDATES TAKING PART IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE SELECTION PROCESS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at email@example.com and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.