|Hotel||Homewood Suites by Hilton Halifax Downtown|
|Job Status||Full Time, Permanent|
Homewood Suites by Hilton Halifax Downtown
SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton, Radisson, Quality, Best Western and Ramada.
Homewood Suites by Hilton exists to provide the touches, familiarity and comforts of home. Guests enjoy the extra space and privacy of the all-suites property, the casual atmosphere and the at home-like amenities and services. At Homewood Suites, the “Be at Home” culture is deeply rooted in the belief that “We think life on the road should be more about life, and less about the road”. In fact, Homewood Suites by Hilton is consistently ranked above the competition by guests, thanks to an appealing combination of bundled services, award-winning quality and the benefits of Hilton Honors.
At the heart of the Hampton brand is Hamptonality – we bring our own individual strengths and irresistible personalities to work. We find our own ways to deliver on our brand promises: Delighting our Guests – Rewarding loyalty – Engaging new friends – Supporting our teams. At the root of Hamptonality is the notion that “Hamptonality Starts with Me!”: My Engagement – My Enthusiasm – My Effort. At Hampton, our mission is to satisfy every guest, every time.
We are looking for a Sales Manager at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Halifax Downtown
It is a very exciting time to join the SilverBirch family as we introduce these two exciting brands as the first Hilton hotels in downtown Halifax!
As the lead Sales Manager for the Homewood Suites, reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing, you will be responsible for account management, revenue management execution, business generation, and sales prospecting for this all suites property. The Sales Manager must also work with all hotel departments to provide exceptional customer service to all hotel guests, making their stay as comfortable and accommodating as possible while meeting and exceeding hotel specific and brand goals. Your strong sales ability will allow you to actively up-sell each business opportunity to maximize revenues and achieve revenue goals. As a relationship builder, you pride yourself on your savvy networking skills and driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience and the sales cycle. You understand customers, build organizational credibility and develop new revenue sources on an on-going basis. At the Homewood, we unconditionally deliver the 100% Suite Assurance Guarantee to every guest, every time.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Strategic planning – Assist in the development of the marketing plan, quarterly action plan and key account action plans. Assumes responsibility for all assigned aspects of the action plans working within the confines of timelines and participates in daily/weekly sales meetings.
• Direct Selling – Generate and qualify leads and prospects gained from cold calls, telemarketing, newspaper, referrals, sales blitzes, Brand sales leads, National sales office leads, convention and visitor bureau leads and other sources. Contact and service key target accounts within market segments and works with sales team to maximize leads. Qualify business from in-house sources by meeting with guests at social hours, breakfasts etc. Secure business through prospecting, networking, presentations and sale calls. Conduct direct selling activities in accordance with assigned sales activity and suite night goals for new and current accounts within the Extended Stay and Corporate Volume market segments. . Cultivates lead sources, distributes leads for other Homewood Suites to Homewood Suites Brand Sales, acts on and distributes referrals to and from other SilverBirch affiliates.
• Account Management – Document weekly prospecting activities on the Sales Report. Ensure account productivity by maintaining client satisfaction and continuous rapport building through regular sales calls and proper file maintenance. Prioritizes time to ensure proactive selling. Compiles and manages database with account information. Prepares proposals, rate negotiations, block space, processing of contracts and following up to secure the business.
• Customer Service/Guest Relations – Builds relationships with key accounts and actively targets new business. Understands customers, builds organizational credibility and develops new revenue sources on an on-going basis. Solicit guest feedback and alerts DOS of all opportunities for hotel improvement. Conducts site inspections for clients. Accepts responsibility to enact the customer satisfaction pledge of the brand. Assists the DOS and GM in resolving service concerns.
• Community Relations – Maintains an active role in the community, civic and industry segments. Maintain rapport with competitor hotels, lead sources, clients, and the local community. Participates in employee functions and guest events. Participates in relevant trade shows and promotional events, and conducts presentations within the hotel and travel industry.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at email@example.com and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.