Ramada Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre
SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton, Radisson, Quality, Best Western and Ramada.
We are looking for a Sales Manager at the Ramada Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre in Edmonton, Alberta.
As a Sales Manager, you will be responsible for proactively soliciting and managing corporate group opportunities. Your strong sales ability will allow you to actively up-sell each business opportunity to maximize revenues and achieve revenue goals. As a relationship builder, you pride yourself on your savvy networking skills and driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience and the sales cycle.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prioritizes time to ensure proactive selling.
- Generates leads by contacting and servicing key target accounts within market segment and works with sales team to maximize leads and coordinate new projects.
- Secures business through prospecting, networking, presentations and sales calls.
- Prepares proposals, rate negotiations, block space, processing of contracts and following up to secure business.
- Compiles and manages database with account information.
- Participates in relevant trade shows and promotional events, and conducts presentations within the hotel and travel industry.
- Acts on referrals from other SilverBirch affiliates.
- Conducts site inspections for clients.
- Attends morning sales review meetings.
- Builds relationships with key accounts and actively targets new business.
- Maintains an active role in the community, civic and industry segments.
- Understands customers, builds organizational credibility and develops new revenue sources on an on-going basis.
- Compiles and analyzes reports to meet overall results and goals and reports weekly to the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Regularly reviews forecasts for the current month and ensuing six months.
- Prepares a three month rolling action plan (i.e. calls, trips, activities, etc.) and reports progress regularly to the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Ensures customer concerns are addressed in a timely and professional manner and follows the “Remarkable Recovery” formula.
- Promotes and encourages inter-departmental cooperation and communication to ensure overall guest satisfaction is at an optimum.
- Manages expenses, maximizes revenues and works at staying ahead of the competition.
- Identifies and analyzes marketing/sales needs and develops effective short and long term strategies to meet the changing needs of the hotel and the surrounding business environment.
- Analyzes market research data to identify trends and opportunities to increase revenues and market share.
- Adheres to all SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts standards, including Hygiene and Grooming, Health and Safety, Fire Safety, Key Deliverables, and GREEN.
- Other projects/duties as assigned.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- 1+ years of experience in hospitality sales.
- Energetic and flexible; able to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Passion for providing excellent customer service.
- Organized and available to multi task priorities.
- High School Diploma required.
- University or college degree is an asset.
- Experience with Delphi and Opera an asset.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills required.
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at email@example.com and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.