SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages a large portfolio of full-service, focused service and extended stay hotels across Canada. The company manages independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton and Radisson.
We are looking for a full-time Sales Manager at the Radisson Hotel Edmonton South.
We are looking for a Sport, SMERF (Social, Military, Education, Religious and Fraternal Markets) Sales Manager for our Sales & Catering department, at the Radisson Hotel Edmonton South.
The SMERF Sales Manager will seek and negotiate new business opportunities and maintain current clients in the following markets: Sport, Social, Military, Education, Religious and Fraternal markets. The Sales Manager works as part of the Sales, Marketing and Events team to achieve revenue goals. This position liaises with all hotel departments to ensure consistent high level service is delivered to each guest.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effectively prospect and solicit repeat and future group business and individual travel business & extended stay.
- Negotiate & prepare sales proposals and contract, understanding legal terms and conditions.
- Meet or exceed monthly sales revenue and activity quotas.
- Effectively manage customer budgets to maximize revenue and meet customer needs.
- Manage existing client relationships while continually seeking new business for the hotel.
- Strategize, plan, and execute local blitzes and/or client events. Participates in relevant trade shows and promotional events, and conducts presentations within the hotel and travel industry.
- Attend networking and local community events acting as an ambassador for the hotel.
- Ability to present information in one-on-one and group situations.
- Working with Director of Sales and Marketing, review sales & marketing action plan and coordinate activities connected with corporate market segments.
- Works closely with both the Radisson/Carlson Rezidor and SilverBirch National Sales Teams and ensures regular contact with teams, as well as participates in activities and calls to maximize the relationship.
- Conducts hotel site inspections for clients.
- Provides input and ideas towards marketing and sales strategies.
- Assist Director of Sales and Marketing with budget allocation and input into business plans.
- Interact with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; able to respond to and handle guest problems and complaints with YES I CAN! Attitude.
- Attend pre-event meetings, as needed, to understand group needs.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Effective sales skills, such as tele-prospecting, to secure new business and up-sell products and services.
- Proven interpersonal, time management, organizational and presentation skills, with a high level of detail-orientation.
- Strong working knowledge of the sales process, including prospecting, telemarketing & outside sales calls.
- Adheres to all SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts standards, including Hygiene and Grooming, Health and Safety, Fire Safety, Key Deliverables and SPIRIT Standards, GREEN and Guest Interactions.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Front Office/Reservation/Sales procedures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible and energetic with ability to work well in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- 2-3 years prior sales experience in a hotel environment, preferably sales & catering department.
- Post-secondary education in hospitality sales/marketing.
- Experience with Delphi and major Property Management System (Opera, OnQ or FOSSE).
- Computer skills including: Microsoft Office – Word, Excel. Powerpoint, Outlook.
- Knowledge of Event Service Operations.
- Normal office working conditions.
- Lifting of supplies, material/collateral. From time to time the position will require long periods of standing.
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at email@example.com and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.