SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages a large portfolio of full-service, focused service and extended stay hotels across Canada. The company manages independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton and Radisson.
We are looking for a Full-time Permanent Sales and Catering Consultant at the Quality Hotel & Conference Centre in Fort McMurray, AB
The Sales and Catering Consultant assists the sales and catering department with proactive selling tactics; administration, client contact and follow-up with a consistent focus on maintaining a high level of service and efficiency.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage telephone inquiries for the sales department regarding servicing customers, marketing, and promotional opportunities, and account qualifying;
- Provide general office administration including, filing, monitoring and replacement of collateral, office supplies, fax/photocopier maintenance, etc;
- Prepare proposals, contracts, block space, and follow-up with regard to room block updates;
- Assist with new prospects and target lists, coordination of sales blitzes, and client service events;
- Compile and manage database for promotional mailings;
- Assist with preparation for tradeshows and sales missions;
- Assist with monthly action plans with the input of the Senior Sales Manager;
- Coordinate meeting room booking procedures, conduct site inspections, track payments, and compile and analyze reports relating to wash factors, lost business, sales booking reports, and cancellations;
- Interact with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; able to respond to and handle guest problems and complaints;
- Review comment cards and guest satisfaction results related to Sales with Senior Sales Manager;
- Emphasize guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focus on continuous improvement;
- Effectively manage customer budgets to maximize revenue and meet customer needs;
- Assist the Senior Sales Manager in strategic planning of budgets and programs including advertising, public/media relations, database/direct marketing, sales promotions, event marketing, website and collateral development;
- Manage all social media accounts, online promotions and advertising;
- Attend pre-event meetings as needed to understand group needs;
- Attend hotel functions as needed;
- Other related duties as assigned.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- Hotel sales experience considered an asset
- Post-Secondary Education in Marketing or related field considered an asset
- Excellent time management and personal organizational skills
- Energetic and flexible with an ability to work well under pressure
- Proven track record in sales initiatives including relationship building with customers
- Ability to enhance organizational credibility and develop new revenue sources
- Comfortable with personal accountability in regards to meeting set personal/team goals and targets
- Security clearance required
- Access to a reliable, personal vehicle required; valid driver’s license required
- Ability to work a varied schedule when necessary
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at email@example.com and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.