SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages a large portfolio of full-service, focused service and extended stay hotels across Canada. The company manages independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton and Radisson.
We are looking for a Full-time Permanent Sales and Catering Consultant at the Quality Hotel & Conference Centre in Fort McMurray, AB
The Sales and Catering Consultant assists the sales and catering department with proactive selling tactics; administration, client contact and follow-up with a consistent focus on maintaining a high level of service and efficiency.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage telephone inquiries for the sales department regarding servicing customers, marketing, and promotional opportunities, and account qualifying;
- Provide general office administration including, filing, monitoring and replacement of collateral, office supplies, fax/photocopier maintenance, etc;
- Prepare proposals, contracts, block space, and follow-up with regard to room block updates;
- Assist with new prospects and target lists, coordination of sales blitzes, and client service events;
- Compile and manage database for promotional mailings;
- Assist with preparation for tradeshows and sales missions;
- Assist with monthly action plans with the input of the Senior Sales Manager;
- Coordinate meeting room booking procedures, conduct site inspections, track payments, and compile and analyze reports relating to wash factors, lost business, sales booking reports, and cancellations;
- Interact with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; able to respond to and handle guest problems and complaints;
- Review comment cards and guest satisfaction results related to Sales with Senior Sales Manager;
- Emphasize guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focus on continuous improvement;
- Effectively manage customer budgets to maximize revenue and meet customer needs;
- Assist the Senior Sales Manager in strategic planning of budgets and programs including advertising, public/media relations, database/direct marketing, sales promotions, event marketing, website and collateral development;
- Manage all social media accounts, online promotions and advertising;
- Attend pre-event meetings as needed to understand group needs;
- Attend hotel functions as needed;
- Other related duties as assigned.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- Hotel sales experience considered an asset
- Post-Secondary Education in Marketing or related field considered an asset
- Excellent time management and personal organizational skills
- Energetic and flexible with an ability to work well under pressure
- Proven track record in sales initiatives including relationship building with customers
- Ability to enhance organizational credibility and develop new revenue sources
- Comfortable with personal accountability in regards to meeting set personal/team goals and targets
- Security clearance required
- Access to a reliable, personal vehicle required; valid driver’s license required
- Ability to work a varied schedule when necessary
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS AND RESORTS WELCOMES AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES. ACCOMMODATIONS ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST FOR CANDIDATES TAKING PART IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE SELECTION PROCESS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at email@example.com and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.