Sales & Catering Coordinator
DoubleTree by Hilton™ West Edmonton
Home2 Suites by Hilton® West Edmonton
Full-time, Permanent to start January 2, 2013
SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies with over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton, Radisson, Quality, Best Western and Ramada.
We are looking for a Sales & Catering Coordinator for the DoubleTree by Hilton™ West Edmonton (opening early 2014) and the Home2 Suites by Hilton™ West Edmonton (opening mid 2014).
The Sales & Catering Coordinator will have the exciting opportunity to open and launch two unique premier hotels in the vibrant Edmonton market. Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing the Sales & Catering Coordinator assists the sales and catering department with proactive selling tactics, administration, client contact and follow-up with a consistent focus on maintaining a high level of service and efficiency.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage telephone inquiries for the sales department regarding servicing customers, marketing, and promotional opportunities, and account qualifying.
- Provide general office administration including filing, monitoring and replacement of collateral, office supplies, fax/photocopier maintenance, etc.
- Prepare proposals, contracts, block space, and follow-up with regard to room block updates.
- Assist with new prospects and target lists, coordination of sales blitzes, and client service events.
- Compile and manage database for promotional mailings.
- Assist with preparation for tradeshows and sales missions.
- Assist with monthly action plans with the input of the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Coordinate meeting room booking procedures, conduct site inspections, track payments, and compile and analyze reports relating to wash factors, lost business, sales booking reports, and cancellations.
- Interact with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; able to respond to and handle guest problems and complaints.
- Review comment cards and guest satisfaction results related to Sales with Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Emphasize guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focus on continuous improvement.
- Effectively manage customer budgets to maximize revenue and meet customer needs.
- Assist the Director of Sales & Marketing in strategic planning of budgets and programs including advertising, public/media relations, database/direct marketing, sales promotions, event marketing, website and collateral development.
- Attend pre-event meetings as needed to understand group needs.
- Attend and assist hotel functions when needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- 2-3 years sales and/or catering experience in a hotel environment.
- College degree in hospitality sales/marketing.
- Knowledge of events and catering processes.
- Computer skills including: Microsoft Word, Excel, Delphi and/or related catering/sales program.
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.