SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. The company manages independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Radisson, Hilton, Quality, and Best Western.
We are looking for a Permanent, Full-time Room Attendant at Residence Inn by Marriott Vancouver Downtown.
Reporting to the Housekeeping Manager, a Room Attendant is responsible for maximizing guest satisfaction and loyalty, through the cleanliness and overall appearance of the guest rooms and corridors.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cleaning and replenishing all areas of guest rooms per hotel/brand standards
- Preparing rooms for guest arrival and responding to special guest requests (i.e. allergies, pet amenities, cleaning carpet stains, etc).
- Reporting lost and found articles, generating work orders, unusual circumstances or special room concerns (i.e. pets in room, smoking in room) promptly and as per policy
- Seasonal and deep cleaning of guest rooms as required
- Maintaining linen rooms, housekeeping closets and stocking carts
- Providing information to guests about hotel services, facilities and other amenities
- Welcoming and acknowledging all guests according to company/brand standards
- Listening and responding to guests’ requests or concerns and taking action
- Demonstrates teamwork by cooperating and assisting co-workers as needed
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information
- Consistently practices guest and associate privacy and security
- Contributes to a healthy and safe work environment by reporting all safety hazards, following WHMIS and Fire safety training, and working in a safe manner
- Participating and adhering to company sustainability efforts
- Projects a favorable image of SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts to the public
- Consistently demonstrate our SilverBirch values – Engagement, Quality, Performance, Growth and Integrity
- Participating and adhering to our zero waste program
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- Previous customer service experience is an asset
- Previous hotel cleaning experience is an asset
- Previous experience using a variety of cleaning supplies, equipment and tools
- WHMIS certification an asset
- Position requires standing, moving, bending
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 40 pounds without assistance
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Must be available to work all days of the week including weekends and holidays.
- Hours will vary depending on occupancy; this can be discussed during the interview.
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
Bryin W. Munroe
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.