Stages Kitchen & Bar
DoubleTree by Hilton™ West Edmonton
SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies with over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton, Radisson, Quality, Best Western and Ramada.
We are looking for a Restaurant Manager at Stages Kitchen & Bar in the DoubleTree by Hilton West Edmonton in Edmonton, AB.
Reporting to the Director, Food & Beverage, the Restaurant Manager is to achieve marketing, sales, profitability and quality service goals for the hotel bar and restaurant by executing marketing strategies, providing service to the customers and employing leadership and managerial skills effectively.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily operation of the Hotel Restaurant and Bar
- Achieve revenue and profit goals by developing and implementing strategies to increase revenue and control costs, providing forecasting of revenue and expenses on a monthly basis
- Implement and maintain liquor control procedures and inventories
- Responsible for monitoring local competitors to ensure competitive prices, experience and promotional events
- Remain current and enforce provincial Liquor guidelines at all times, and to train associates on such guidelines
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining levels of sellable product for both the bar & hotel (i.e. beer, liquor, wine, mixes, etc.)
- Conduct monthly communication meetings, create internal associate action plans, utilize the performance management tool and provide progressive coaching
- Engage associates in experience delivery, focusing on guest relations
- Ensure that associates are utilizing upselling techniques while providing customer service
- Maximize productivity through proper budgeting, scheduling and cost control; utilization of Labour Cost Tool
- Train staff to be star performers, ensuring full implementation of the associate on-boarding program and standards
- Develop, administer, and review Performance Plans with associates and set objectives
- Act as support for servers and bartenders when busy or short staffed. This includes acting as a bar porter, server, bartender and busser numerous times throughout the week
- Create marketing campaigns for each promotional event, including advertising, in-house marketing and external marketing
- Deal with vendors to ensure proper promotions, product and pricing is utilized
- Develop an ongoing marketing strategy that includes a 3 month rolling calendar of events
- Train restaurant associates on how to promote the restaurant outside of the hotel and follow-up with associates to ensure completion of advertising goals (i.e. advertising on Facebook, local websites, putting up flyers and posters)
- Organize and plan private or corporate functions such as going away parties, Christmas parties, etc. in a similar fashion to Sales & Catering
- Other related duties as assigned.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- Some university education preferred, specifically in the Tourism or Food and Beverage discipline
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a leadership role at a Restaurant
- Display a positive attitude, maintain enthusiasm and celebrate success
- Strong leadership, motivational and training skills
- Proven track record in revenue growth, promotions and training
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to take initiative
- Normal office working conditions
- On the operational floor, work involves standing, walking, lifting and bending
- Evening, weekend and holiday working hours as required.
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.