SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Radisson, Hilton, Quality, Best Western and Ramada.
We are looking for a Reservations/Switchboard Agent at the Residence Inn by Marriott Downtown Vancouver.
It is a very exciting time to join the SilverBirch family. As the first venture with our new partner Marriott International, the Residence Inn by Marriott Downtown Vancouver is now open. Formerly known as Cascadia Hotel & Suites, the hotel has undergone a $25 million total renovation and has opened with both a new name and a brand-new look!
Only Residence Inn is specifically designed to restore and sustain physical, mental and emotional energy. We support, encourage and inform so that you’re better able to thrive. The Residence Inn by Marriott Downtown Vancouver is a premier extended stay hotel in the city, providing an energizing, modern and warm environment.
In the role of Reservations/Switchboard Agent, you would be responsible for maximizing hotel revenue and guest satisfaction by providing exemplary service in the capacity of working primarily with Front Desk and the Sales team with special projects and on the Front Office when required. All service provided is expected to be consistent with the Hotel and SilverBirch Hotel & Resorts standards and Residence Inn by Marriott.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with all internal and external reservation requests and inquiries
- Answer hotel phone lines and transfer to appropriate guest room and/or associate
- Assist with creating group blocks / resumes and maintains accuracy in regards to group pick-up, release dates and arrivals
- Provides support to Front Desk during breaks and peak periods and when staffing levels are challenged
- Enters rooming lists and assigns room types where appropriate
- Pre-blocks all special requests or VIP accommodations accurately when required
- Follows guidelines with group room block assignments by adhering to group cutoff dates
- Keeps Front Office Manager/DOS/Revenue Manager informed of group booking status when necessary
- Actively involved in rate loading process and ensures accuracy
- Balancing of room inventory on a daily basis
- Ensures that all group masters and reservation related correspondences are filed and kept for future reference
- Ability to adapt to varying degrees of business levels while keeping guest satisfaction in the forefront.
- Takes ownership of all reservation related duties to ensure that employee; guest and financial goals are balanced and represented at the highest level
- Capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing tasks with minimal to no supervision
- Sets goals and standards while finding solutions that are beneficial to guests and employees while meeting deadlines that are decisive and achievement oriented
- Willingness to learn and grow in a challenging environment with a focus on the achievement of goals and future growth opportunities
- Eager to learn and excel at supporting revenue generation and maximization while utilizing the tools that both the Hotel and Corporate have to offer
- Other duties as assigned by the Front Office Manager as is pertains to the role and department
- Minimum 1-2 year customer service experience
- Hospitality experience preferred
- Flexible and energetic with the ability to work under pressure
- Must have experience with Microsoft Word, and Excel; proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; comfortable with computer software and spreadsheet applications
- Experience with FOSSE or other PMS systems an asset
- Experience with hotel switchboard phones and systems
- Ability to prioritize with strong data entry, analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Dedicated to customer service; exceptionally strong guest service skills to ensure superior guest service and satisfaction
- Team player with coaching and mentorship abilities; able to recognize the value of both internal and external guests
- Passion and drive to work, excel and grow in the hospitality industry
- Able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Personable and approachable; maintain a high level of professional appearance, demeanor and ethics
- Tourism/Hospitality Management Diploma or Post-Secondary Degree preferred
- Must be able to work various shifts including morning, afternoon, weekends and graveyards.
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.