SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages a large portfolio of full-service, focused service and extended stay hotels across Canada. The company manages independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton and Radisson.
We are looking for a full-time, Permanent Pub Manager at the Radisson Hotel Edmonton South in Edmonton, AB.
The Pub Manager is a part of the management team and ensures the Lion’s Head Pub operates in an effective and efficient manner providing quality customer service while effectively controlling company costs and assets.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day to day operation of the Pub and the supervision of Pub employees.
- Conduct monthly Pub meetings and attend Leadership meetings.
- Ensure training of all existing and new employees in conjunction with department, Radisson and SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts standards.
- Provide employees with updated selling techniques.
- Ensure all staff has full product knowledge of Food and Beverage that is served in the Pub.
- Ensure all staff are aware of what is happening in all departments of the hotel, what the hotel offers and any new procedures..
- Establish goals & timelines with staff and document levels of success for each promotion.
- Leading a team oriented environment by demonstrating a cooperative attitude and assisting co-workers and other departments as needed.
- Monitoring and managing the day to day schedule to ensure that we have anticipated appropriate staffing levels, calling on or off associates as required.
- Maintaining a strong focus on engaging guest service and ensuring optimum guest satisfaction.
- Ensure costumer complaints are handled effectively in a courteous & efficient manner.
- Monitor daily expenses to ensure adherence to monthly budgets.
- Effective control of liquor & labor costs.
- Ensure all cash out discrepancies are solved efficiently.
- Protect assets of hotel, report any questionable activity immediately.
- Maintain communication with Director of Food & Beverage.
- Maintain a professional relationship suppliers, planning promotional spends and activity.
- Maintain a professional relationship with sports teams associated with the Lion’s Head.
- Effectively manage relationships with outside marketing organizations, radio, press, television and monitor success of these forms of media.
- Adhere to and enforce hotel and SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts policies, procedures and standards.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner when representing the hotel.
- Effectively market promotions & special events.
- In cooperation with management develop a yearly calendar of critical paths and special events.
- Liaise with Director of Sales and Marketing and Accounting and Finance to ensure marketing spend is met.
- Projecting a favorable image of SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts to the public.
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information; consistently practices guest and associate privacy and security.
- Consistently practices and adheres to guest and associate safety, upholding the hotel’s health and safety policy. Attends monthly health and safety meetings.
- Remain updated on trends in regards to food & beverage, locally and nationally.
- Performing all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Performing any other duties as required or deemed necessary to provide superior service and teamwork.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum 3-5 years of Food & Beverage Management experience
- ProServe and ProTect certification
- Previous experience in a busy pub atmosphere and asset
- Completion of High school and related post-secondary education
- Possess a wide base knowledge of the various types of spirits, liqueurs, and cocktail recipes
- Previous marketing background
- Previous experience handling large groups
- Flexible and energetic with the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Ability to take initiative with projects, committees, and future goals
- Knowledge of current and new liquor regulations and laws.
- Basic knowledge of labor standards.
- Fast paced environment that is often demanding.
- Stand, walk and remain on feet and perform job duties for entire shift duration.
- Required to work weekends and evenings
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
Danika Packwood, CHRP
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.