SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Hilton, Marriott, Radisson, Quality, Best Western and Ramada.
We are looking for a Payroll Coordinator at the Hilton Montreal Bonaventure, in Quebec.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare the payroll in a timely and accurate manner;
- Verify the accuracy of all time clock punches and overtime calculations;
- Record tip slips for service employees;
- Prepare the banquet service charge distribution and reconcile to the income audit;
- Insure proper payroll setup of all new hires;
- Submit required check requests for taxes, garnishments, insurances, savings bonds, union dues, pension, etc;
- Prepare payroll report;
- Maintain a working knowledge of provincial and federal wage and hour laws as well as union contracts (as applicable);
- Perform audits of the completed payroll register each pay period;
- Verify the accuracy of the output to the various input backup;
- Reconcile the payroll reports for periods end entries;
- Perform alternating audits of departmental payroll records;
- Verify that all compulations are calculated accurately;
- Complete the forms for work accident (CSST);
- Work in close collaboration with the Human Resources Department;
- Coordinates collective insurance and pension plans.
- Support employees, such as employee requests, employee files, letters, increase of salary, sorting checks, etc;
- Maintain all necessary analysis pertaining to payroll; vacation accrual, tip variance, etc.;
- Handle the year-end and T4 process
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- University Degree or Certificate in Accounting;
- Professional experience in the Payroll Department for a minimum of 2 years;
- Proficient in Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, Outlook) and payroll programs (ADP);
- Hospitality experience preferred;
- Flexible and energetic with the ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to prioritize with strong data entry, analytical and communication skills;
- Fluently bilingual in both oral and written (English / French);
- Experience working in a unionized environment;
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
Contact us at:
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.