SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton, Radisson, Quality, Best Western and Ramada.
We are looking for a One Stop Sales Manager at the Lethbridge Lodge Hotel & Conference Center
Objective: In this role you will assist the Sales and Catering department with proactive selling tactics; administration, client contact and follow-up with a consistent focus on maintaining a high level of service and efficiency. Your objective will be to achieve hotel revenue, profit and customer satisfaction by negotiating group business and coordinating the execution of the business with other departments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop relationships with key contacts.
• Prioritize time to ensure proactive selling. Secure business through prospecting, networking, presentations, and sales calls.
• Generate leads by contacting and servicing key target accounts within market segment and work with sales team to maximize leads and coordinate new projects.
• Manages expenses, maximize revenues, encourage up-selling and work to stay ahead of the competition.
• Create and implement sales procedures to create an efficient sales process.
• Prepare proposals, negotiate rates, block space, process contracts and follow up to secure the business.
• Compile and manage database with account information.
• Compile and analyze reports to meet overall targets and goals of the hotel.
• Understand rates and procedures, as well as the hotel’s strategy for the segment.
• Participate in relevant trade shows and promotional events, and conduct presentations within the hotel and travel industry.
• Conduct site inspections with clients.
• Assist Director of Sales & Marketing in the strategic planning of budgets and sales.
• Receive and answer inquiries relating to catering.
• Handle all incoming inquires for government groups.
• Plan, upsell and detail the meeting/function with the client, including space requirement, times, equipment, menus, billing instructions, etc. and submit the appropriate proposal and/or sales contracts for signature. Complete appropriate paper work, i.e. Function sheets, change sheets, convention/group resume, reservation forms, Lost Business Reports, etc. and distribute to Hotel departments.
• Work with and possess knowledge of the Yield Strategy Worksheet to ensure proper rate quoting and room block allotments.
• Participate in pre-convention meetings and sales/catering meetings.
• Training and other sales related functions.
• Participate in appropriate catering service meetings.
• Collaborate with other departments within the Hotel to provide quality service to customers.
• Build loyalty to all SilverBirch Hotels through the Quest Referral Program.
• Other related duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
• Ability to prioritize and to meet all deadlines.
• Demonstrated strong communication and problem solving skills.
• Has an understanding of customer service and is able to implement it on a day to day basis.
• Understands customers, builds organizational credibility and develops new revenue sources.
• Maintains a positive attitude, enthusiasm and celebrates success.
• Motivated individual who works well both independently and within a team.
• Experience in setting and meeting achievement oriented goals and standards.
Preferred Education & Qualifications
• University or College degree in Hotel Management/ Business Administration an asset.
• Hospitality experience preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Some business travel (10-20%), sometimes with short notice.
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
Human Resource Services
Lethbridge Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
• does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
• does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.