We are looking for a Night Auditor at Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites in Victoria, BC.
Reporting to the Guest Services Manager, this position is responsible for the nightly audit functions which support the hotel operation by determining the daily income of the property and verifying that all customer accounts are correct and balanced. This position is also responsible for providing excellent customer service to all guests.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Verifies and balances daily charges for all departments to customer folios, master accounts and house accounts; makes corrections as necessary ensuring all required documentation is obtained
- Runs computer through nightly processing sequence to reset for next day’s use in balancing of applicable functions
- Audits food & beverage income postings and charges
- Records and balances all food and beverage income
- Balances the guest ledger postings to the restaurant audit guest ledger
- Records and balances staff and house charges
- Audits all banquet event charges, verifying the accuracy of the charges and makes corrections as needed; prepares daily summary sheets
- Prepares and transmits credit card deposits
- Processes all ledger work to accounting
- Ensures back-up of all systems is run every night
- Communicates any systems issues that arise during the night through the proper channels
- Practices the fundamental principles of revenue management and utilizes revenue management techniques to maximize occupancy and average rates, while maintaining a high quality of guest service
- Utilizes and promotes up selling thereby maximizing revenues
- Exceeds customer and associate service expectations by providing added value to the hotel team and by doing whatever is reasonable and possible to meet their expectations
- Works as part of the overall team to ensure the hotels effective and profitable operation
- Works towards win-win solutions for all internal and external customer issues
- Minimizes loss of revenue by adhering to all established credit and inventory control procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum one (1) year experience at Front Desk or Night Audit
- Proven basic accounting abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, network systems and accounting software
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent customer service abilities while working under pressure
- Strong data entry and analytical skills
- Must be able to work evening shifts on a regular basis
- Must be available for weekends and statutory holidays
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Contact us before September 6, 2013 at:
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.