SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages a large portfolio of full-service, focused service and extended stay hotels across Canada. The company manages independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton and Radisson.
We are looking for a part time Night Auditor to work two nights per week (primarily Saturday night and Sunday night (11:00pm – 7:30am) at the Residence Inn Vancouver Downtown in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Verify and balance daily charges for all departments to customer folios, master accounts and house accounts; make corrections as necessary ensuring all required documentation is obtained.
- Balance the rooms audit with the night clerk’s summary.
- Run computer through nightly processing sequence to reset for next day’s use in balancing of applicable functions.
- Audit food & beverage income postings and charges.
- Record and balance all food and beverage income.
- Balance the guest ledger postings to the restaurant audit guest ledger.
- Record and balance staff and house charges.
- Audit all banquet tickets before postings, verifying the accuracy of the calculations and attach the latest.
- Review all credit card vouchers for proper imprints, authorizations and correct amounts.
- Prepare and transmit credit card deposits.
- Process all city ledger work to accounting.
- Exceed customer and associate service expectations by providing added value to the hotel team and by doing whatever is reasonable and possible to meet their expectations.
- Work as part of the overall team to ensure the hotel’s effective and profitable operation.
- Work towards win-win solutions for all internal and external customer issues.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Records and balances all food and beverage income
- Balances guest ledger postings to the restaurant audit guest ledger
- Records and balances associates and house changes
- Ensures and monitors the security of the hotel, guests/patrons during the overnight shift
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum 1-2 year customer service experience • Minimum 1 year accounting experience • Able to multi task and meet deadlines • Must have experience with Microsoft Word and Excel • Experience with FOSSE or other PMS systems an asset • Excellent communication skills • Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications • Tourism/Hospitality Management Diploma or Post-Secondary Degree preferred • Sound judgement and decision making skills • Night shift position 11:00pm-7:30am, weekends required, holidays may also be required, some week day overnights may be needed to cover relief, vacation, sick calls, etc.
- Flexible and energetic with strong ability to work under pressure • Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines • Ability to work with minimal supervision • Should have excellent analytical skills and communication skills • Ability to stand for extended periods of time .
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
Bryin W. Munroe, Human Resources
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at email@example.com and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.