SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages a large portfolio of full-service, focused service and extended stay hotels across Canada. The company manages independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton and Radisson.
We are looking for a Manager, Real Estate at Corporate Office in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Reporting to the Director, Asset Management , the Manager, Real Estate is responsible for managing real estate and hotel operation related tasks: contract negotiations and oversight, leasing negotiations, capital expenditures tracking and reporting, property tax management, hotel licenses and permits management, litigation and insurance management, with the goal of maximizing asset and portfolio value while minimizing risk exposures of the portfolio.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review, negotiate, coordinate, and manage hotel leases, and support in analysis and review of ground leases and negotiations. Work closely with the analyst team to prepare leasing returns analyses and Return on Investment analyses. Conduct diligence of all real estate related matters including the review of local and jurisdictional requirements, code and permitting requirements, insurance requirements, etc., prior to completing a lease deal. Manage landlord-tenant relationships and resolve disputes. Develop relationships with the brokerage community to source leasing opportunities
- Review, negotiate, coordinate, and manage national and corporate contracts as well as hotel-level contracts as necessary, and support in analysis and review of franchise agreements
- Identify and pursue revenue generation opportunities, value-add opportunities, and highest and best use analysis, to ensure optimization of space is achieved, including preparation of Return on Investment analysis and the conducting of all necessary due diligence of all aspects of real estate related matters
- Oversee the capital expenditure tracking and reporting process to ensure effective reporting, timely execution of capital spend, timely payment of invoices, and timely creation of purchase orders, including with respect to major property improvement plans. Identify potential issues and trends related to budgeting overruns and change orders and non-timely payment of invoices, and propose strategies to address and improve overall capital function. Develop close working relationships with internal and external project managers as well as the Finance/Accounting team
- Provide support with hotel transactions, hotel debranding/rebranding, monthly reporting and benchmarking analysis, site visits
- Manage the property tax function including oversight of property tax appeals and negotiations, and work with external consulting and counsel as necessary
- Manage and support hotels with licensing and permitting, including with respect to liquor licenses
- Manage insurance claims process with focus on minimizing costs
- Manage litigation work (excluding Human Capital files) and develop close relationships with external counsel
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- University degree, with a focus on hospitality or real estate
- 4-6 years experience in real estate, hospitality, asset management
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of real estate principles
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of investment principles, including IRR, NPV, and Yield concepts
- Basic/intermediate knowledge of design and construction principles
- Highly detail oriented, with a strong ability to read and review contract and lease clauses closely
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Word and Excel skills, specifically with respect to financial modeling
- Strategic thinker and able to work supporting the overall business plan
- Normal office working conditions
- Occasional business travel required
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS. ACCOMMODATIONS ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST FOR CANDIDATES TAKING PART IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.