SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages a large portfolio of full-service, focused service and extended stay hotels across Canada. The company manages independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton and Radisson.
We are looking for a Finance Manager at our Corporate Office located in Vancouver, BC.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Manager, Finance is responsible for a variety of financial, management, tax and capital reporting and analysis. The Manager, Finance will have responsibility for the preparation of internal and external financial reports, the group consolidation process, tax and financial analysis as well as maintaining the accounting records of all corporate entities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Preparation and analysis of internal and external GAAP-compliant financial statements and reports for executive, shareholder, Board and external stakeholders.
• Preparation of group consolidation with foreign entities and cash flow forecasts.
• Responsible for the accounting, analysis and reporting of capital projects.
• Responsible for maintaining the accounting records of all corporate entities; including preparation of management company charges, intercompany allocations and billings and internal rent and interest calculations.
• Preparation and review of month-end journal entries, financial statement backup and working papers to maintain quality control of financial records.
• Review bank reconciliations, accounting entries and tax compliance filings for corporate entities prepared by the Finance Shared Services Team.
• Assistance with coordinating annual year-end audit and tax return preparation by external advisors including the preparation of working papers and response to enquiries.
• Coordination of banking administration and the treasury process including review and approval of accounts payable payment proposals.
• Research and analysis of accounting and tax issues and preparation of supporting documentation on findings and recommendations.
• Analysis of existing processes, controls and related documentation; identification of opportunities for improvement and implementation of changes.
Preferred Skills, Abilities & Knowledge:
• Strong attention to detail and aptitude with numbers.
• Sound business acumen.
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills (written and verbal).
• Excellent multi-tasking and organizational abilities.
• Ability to work well individually and collaborate well as part of a team to foster decision-making capabilities.
• Self-motivated, results-driven, proactive, resourceful and practical.
• Constant drive towards efficiency and process improvement.
• Thrive in a fast paced, dynamic, multi-deadline environment.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
• Professional Accounting Designation plus 1-3 years of post-designation experience.
• Prior experience in financial reporting and financial statement preparation including consolidation of multiple entities.
• Working knowledge of GAAP (ASPE, IFRS) reporting and policies.
• Prior experience in dealing with Canadian corporate and partnership tax filings.
• Prior experience in the hospitality and/or real estate industry would be an asset.
• Previous supervisory experience would be an asset.
• Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills are required
• Previous exposure to ERP systems would be an asset.
• Normal office working conditions
• Flexibility to meet tight deadlines for reporting and year-end audit periods
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
• does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
• does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.