SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages a large portfolio of full-service, focused service and extended stay hotels across Canada. The company manages independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton and Radisson.
We are looking for a Full-Time Building Maintenance Associate at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Conference Centre Regina, SK.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Worker will work as part of the DoubleTree by Hilton Team to operate, repair and maintain all hotel facilities and grounds in a quick, efficient and professional manner. The main purpose of this position is to help preserve and maintain the hotel facilities and equipment in top condition.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform preventative maintenance, repairs, retrofits or other tasks as assigned my the Maintenance Manager or Shift Engineer
- Operate and monitor all building systems
- Consistently offer professional and friendly service and respond to all guest concerns in a professional courteous manner
- Is a member of the Crisis Response Team and able to deal with emergency situations including fire prevention and evacuation, fire alarms, injury, illness, first aid, and overnight security when on overnight shift
- Assist maintenance team in day to day operations of the hotel plumbing, heating/cooling and electrical systems
- Monitor parking lots and building frequently to ensure hotel is free from unwanted guests
- Take corrective action, where required, to improve and maintain safety of all work areas
- Ground maintenance to include: Lawn care, sprinkler system repair, snow removal, yard cleanup, general yard duties and minor carpentry projects
- Receive and complete guest and associate requests within a standard period of time and in a timely manner
- Maintain a favourable working relationship with all associates to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious work environment
- Be aware of all chemicals in any of the cleaners/tools used on the job and follow WHMIS.
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- Grade 12 or GED equivalent
- Practical knowledge of HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical and general Carpentry
- 1-3 years related experience in building maintenance
- Fireman’s papers will be considered an asset and are preferred. Will provide further training and education for the right candidate.
- Walking, standing, bending and crouching for majority of shift
- Frequently lifting and carrying up to 50lbs, occasionally heavier lifting with assistance
- Will be required to climb ladder’s up to 12 feet, occasionally higher if required
- Will have to work outside during winter months to assist in snow and ice removal
- Must pass basic security clearance
- Shifts will vary on a rotating schedule of day, evening and overnight hours
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at email@example.com and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.