Human Resources Coordinator
Ramada Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre
SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton, Radisson, Quality, Best Western and Ramada.
We are looking for a Human Resources Coordinator to fill an 18 month temporary position at the Ramada Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre in Edmonton, AB.
The Coordinator will contribute as a member of the Human Resources team, completing assigned projects and providing administrative support and exceptional service to our internal and external customers. The HR Coordinator will assist with the day to day management of the Human Resources department and will play a key role in driving the engagement of the hotel’s associates and providing support in all HR functions to our Managers and Supervisors.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains all administrative processes and records related to the HR department.
- Provides assistance in the administration of Human Resources policies, procedures and programs.
- Completes bi-weekly sub-payroll processing and is responsible for benefits administration.
- Coordinates various HR events.
- Owns the Orientation program (including preparation and delivery).
- Provides internal customers with appropriate resources and prompt follow-up to questions.
- Administers and promotes various SilverBirch cultural and recognition programs.
- Is responsible for various recruitment and selection activities (including posting vacancies, interviewing, conducting references, and the on-boarding process).
- Organizes and administers the Employee Engagement Survey (CSI) process.
- Maintains employee files and communication boards to ensure up-to-date information.
- Assists with the development and facilitation of in-house training and maintains associate training records.
- Participates in the coaching and progressive discipline process with the managers and supervisors.
- Ensures the hotel is operating in full compliance with all provincially and federally legislated employment standards, guidelines and human rights codes.
- Leads the Staff Ambassador and Occupational Health & Safety Committee.
- Administers Workers’ Compensation Board claims and manages return to work programs.
- Creates a positive work environment for all associates.
- Other projects/duties as assigned.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- Desire to obtain or working towards a CHRP designation is an asset.
- Diploma or degree in Human Resources or Business Administration is considered an asset.
- Previous experience in Human Resources considered an asset.
- 1-3 years of experience in an administrative position required, hospitality experience preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized, with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Must be approachable, caring, considerate and able to maintain confidentiality at all times.
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
Alison Hamilton, CHRP
Phone Inquiries: 780-453-7313
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.