SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages
over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under
major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Radisson, Hilton, Quality, Best Western and Ramada.
We are looking for a Human Resources Coordinator at the Fairfield Inn & Suites® by Marriott in St. John’s.
It is a very exciting time to join the SilverBirch family with our new partner Fairfield Inn & Suites® by
Marriott. Formerly known as The Travellers Inn St. John’s, the hotel is currently undergoing a $21 million
complete revitalization and will re-open early 2013 with both a new name and a brand-new look!
Fairfield Inn & Suites provides everything guests need to work productively, maximize down time, eat well
and sleep soundly, and keep their stay going smoothly, all at an exceptional value. Guests can once
again believe in the value of a comfortable, affordable and reliable business hotel.
Reporting to the General Manager, this position is an exciting career opportunity for a Human Resources
Coordinator to take a lead role in providing advice and assistance to managers and associates. This
stand-alone position will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Human Resources
department and will play a key role in nurturing the hotel’s performance driven culture.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains trust, confidentiality & integrity within the work environment.
- Administers and coordinates the recruitment process by posting positions, applicant screening, interviewing, conducting reference and background checks and completing offer letters and applicable paperwork for new hires.
- Completion and coordination of payroll and Benefits Administration.
- Ensures the hotel is operating in full compliance with all provincially and federally legislated employment standards, guidelines and human rights codes.
- Promotes cultural programs including the recognition program, associate orientation and various brand training programs.
- Completes performance measures reporting including turnover statistics, absenteeism, workplace accidents and performance review completion.
- Organizes and administers the Cultural Spirit Index (employee engagement survey) to measure associate satisfaction and participates in quality improvement plans.
- Develops and participates in the Joint Occupational Health & Safety Committee.
- Maintains associate files, database and associate communication boards.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Human Resources Coordinator or Generalist.
- Previous experience administering payroll and benefits plans.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office & Excel.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Service focused and understands the principles and processes required for providing exceptional personal service in a timely manner.
- Education in Business Administration or Human Resources an asset.
- Experience in a unionized environment a definite asset.
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
Contact us at:
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND
ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent
SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at email@example.com
and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian