SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton, Radisson, Quality, Best Western and Ramada.
We are looking for a Full-Time Permanent Human Resources Coordinator at the DoubleTree by Hilton West Edmonton in Edmonton, Alberta.
As a member of the Human Resources team, completing assigned projects and providing administrative support and exceptional service to our internal and external customers. The Coordinator, Human Resources, will assist with the day to day management of the Human Resources department and will plays a key role in nurturing the hotel’s performance driven culture with an objective to create 100% Guest & Associate Satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintain all administrative processes and records related to the Human Resources department
• Assist in coordination of payroll and benefits administration
• Assist in the coordination of HR events such as Orientation of new employees, Champions of the quarter, thematic lunches, and other projects
• Maintain associate training records
• Ensure all Benefit Enrolment forms are completed and forwarded to the insurance carrier in a timely fashion
• Coordinate the recruitment process
• Participate in various Human Resources projects
• Organize and administer the Cultural Spirit Index (Employee Engagement Survey)
• Maintain employee files and communication boards
• Provide internal customers with appropriate resources and prompt follow-up to questions
• Purchase of supplies as needed
• Coordinate developmental training needs assessments and deployment plans
• Support the onboarding process
• Maintains a favourable working relationship with all associates to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious work environment
• Project a favourable image of SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts to the public at all times
• Consistently demonstrates SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts values – Engagement, Quality, Performance, Growth, and Integrity
• Other related duties as assigned
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
• Education in Human Resources or business administration
• 1 to 2 years’ experience in human resources
• Proficiency in MS Office applications
• Must be approachable, caring and considerate maintaining confidentiality at all times
• Organized, with a high attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively
• Excellent written and verbal skills
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
• does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
• does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.