SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton, Radisson, Quality, Best Western and Ramada.
We are looking for a Human Resources Coordinator to join our team at the Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites by Hilton Halifax Downtown.
At the heart of the Hampton brand is Hamptonality – we bring our own individual strengths and irresistible personalities to work. We find our own ways to deliver on our brand promises: Delighting our Guests – Rewarding loyalty – Engaging new friends – Supporting our teams. At the root of Hamptonality is the notion that “Hamptonality Starts with Me!”: My Engagement – My Enthusiasm – My Effort. At Hampton, our mission is to satisfy every guest, every time.
Homewood Suites: Homewood Suites by Hilton exists to provide the touches, familiarity and comforts of home. Guests enjoy the extra space and privacy of the all-suites property, the casual atmosphere and the at home-like amenities and services. At Homewood Suites, the “Be at Home” culture is deeply rooted in the belief that “We think life on the road should be more about life, and less about the road”.
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, the Human Resources Coordinator provides exceptional service, exceeding internal and external customer expectations. The Coordinator assists in administering and maintaining Human Resources’ processes, practices and policies in compliance with SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts standards and regulatory requirements. In this role, the HR Coordinator will assist with ensuring associates have the right people resources, training, and guidance in order to achieve organizational effectiveness.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintain administrative processes and records related to the HR Department
• Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
• Assist with Payroll and Benefits Administration
• Assist in coordination of HR events such as new associate Orientation
• Assist with the recruitment and selection process by posting positions, applicant screening, interviewing, conducting reference and background checks, completing offer letters and paperwork for new hires
• Promotes and provides administration support for cultural programs including Recognition Program, Orientation, Onboarding and various brand training programs
• Maintains associate files, associate database, and associate communication boards
• Assist with Performance Measures reporting including turnover statistics, absenteeism, accidents, and performance review completion
• Ensure inter-departmental communication and cooperation in the interest of guest satisfaction
• Contributes to a healthy and safe work environment by reporting all safety hazards, following WHMIS and Fire safety training, and working in a safe manner.
• Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information
• Consistently practices guest and associate privacy and security
• At all times projects a favorable image of SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts to the public
• Consistently demonstrate our SilverBirch values – Engagement, Quality, Performance, Growth and Integrity
• Other projects/duties as assigned and required
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
• Minimum 1 year of Human Resources experience in a similar role
• Previous experience in administering benefits
• Education in Human Resources or Business Administration an asset
• Excellent guest, customer and associate relations skills
• Professional communication style, verbal and written
• Approachable, considerate, caring and capable of upholding confidential information
• Ability to multi task and prioritize while providing excellent customer service
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment with minimal direction
• Able to take initiative, follow timelines and meet deadlines
• Positive, professional demeanor
• Strong computer & telephone abilities
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
• does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
• does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.