SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton, Radisson, Quality, Best Western and Ramada.
We are looking for a Human Resource Manager at the Quality Hotel & Conference Centre in Fort McMurray, AB.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Human Resource Manager (HRM) is a strategic partner that contributes to the hotel’s long term vision related to people practices. The HRM provides human resources leadership in the areas of recruitment & selection, performance management, succession planning, training, employee relations, total rewards, employment legislation, policies & procedures and health & safety. The HRM is responsible for overseeing and managing the day to day operations of the Human Resource department and plays a key role in nurturing the hotel’s performance driven culture.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides human resource consult to the General Manager, Department Heads and Supervisors through thoughtful, concise, and strategic advice.
- Leads the delivery of SilverBirch human resource policies, practices and programs.
- Ensures the hotel is operating in full compliance with all provincially and federally legislated employment standards, guidelines and human rights codes.
- Recognizes barriers to success and facilitates proactive dispute resolution that supports a performance driven culture. Uses judgment supported by human resource acumen and practical experience to escalate matters as required.
- Manages the recruitment and selection function of the property for all positions.
- Manages/administers the new hire orientation & on-boarding programs; including basic orientation (SilverBirch, Brand & Hotel specific) and hotel-wide orientation.
- Administers the selection, recruitment and immigration paperwork of the Temporary Foreign Worker program in accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws.
- Oversees the management of the Payroll Submission & the Associate Benefit Program.
- Administers the Associate Staff Accommodation Program.
- Conducts regular wage/salary reviews and local surveys.
- Conducts training needs analysis to identify skills and competency gaps. Utilizes the results of the training needs analysis to assist managers in preparing individual and departmental training plans to enrich our associates and support organizational excellence.
- Maintains an open door policy for all and acts as a liaison between associates and managers.
- Coaches, guides and administers the progressive discipline process with the Hotel Managers and Supervisors and ensures Performance Management evaluations are completed in accordance with SilverBirch guidelines.
- Prepares and governs the Human Resource budget for the Hotel.
- Establishes and maintains confidential associate files, maintains the accuracy and integrity of human resource information systems.
- Prepares a variety of internal reports as required, including but not limited to, performance evaluation status, number/type of training workshops held, associate housing metrics and recruitment activity.
- Champions the Associate Engagement Survey (CSI) process, interprets the results, and supports the development and implementation of action plans.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- 5 to 7 Years’ experience in Human Resources with at least 2 years in a leadership capacity.
- Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Human Resources Management.
- CHRP designation preferred.
- Thorough working knowledge of all human resources disciplines (benefits, compensation, training, recruitment, performance management, employee relations).
- Thorough knowledge of and practical experience with relevant provincial employment standards legislation.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization through integrity and trust.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; capable of adapting communication style to various mediums and levels of the organization.
- Experience with budgets and planning.
- Service focused, understands the principles and processes required for providing exceptional, personal service in a timely manner.
- Strong leadership skills; seasoned coach and mentor.
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
Contact us at:
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.