SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton, Radisson and Quality.
We are looking to fill Part Time and Full Time Houseperson positions at TownePlace Suites by Marriott in Mississauga Ontario
Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper, this position is responsible for the cleanliness of all Hotel public areas. This position requires a strong attention to detail and the ability to communicate effectively with guests and the housekeeping team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensures all public areas are cleaned to the Hotel high standards
• Cleans back of house areas (Offices, Staffroom) including discarding trash
• Stocks carts with room supplies, replacing bed linens and replenishing guest room supplies
• Assists housekeeping in lifting heavy items
• Ensures carpets are vacuumed, free of stains and steam-cleaned when necessary
• Assists in Driving the Airport Shuttle Van
• Ensures walls and baseboards are free of stains and tears and reports deficiencies to supervisor
• Ensures public restrooms are sanitized on a regular basis
• Prepares maintenance repair orders as required
• Other duties as assigned
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
• Must be in good physical condition and be able to lift, bend, stand and walk for extended periods of time
• Previous experience as a Houseperson is an asset
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written
• Proven customer service skills
• Valid class G Drivers License with a Clean Driving record
• Ability to lift and carry up to 75ilbs on a regular basis
• Must be available to work all shifts including every weekend
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
Erika Samman, HR Coordinator
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS AND RESORTS WELCOMES AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES. ACCOMMODATIONS ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST FOR CANDIDATES TAKING PART IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE SELECTION PROCESS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
• does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
• does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.