SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton, Radisson, Quality, Best Western and Ramada.
We are looking for Housekeeping Supervisors to join our team at the Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites by Hilton Halifax Downtown. This role will work at both properties.
Hampton Inn: At the heart of the Hampton brand is Hamptonality – we bring our own individual strengths and irresistible personalities to work. We find our own ways to deliver on our brand promises: Delighting our Guests – Rewarding loyalty – Engaging new friends – Supporting our teams. At the root of Hamptonality is the notion that “Hamptonality Starts with Me!”: My Engagement – My Enthusiasm – My Effort. At Hampton, our mission is to satisfy every guest, every time.
Homewood Suites: Homewood Suites by Hilton exists to provide the touches, familiarity and comforts of home. Guests enjoy the extra space and privacy of the all-suites property, the casual atmosphere and the at home-like amenities and services. At Homewood Suites, the “Be at Home” culture is deeply rooted in the belief that “We think life on the road should be more about life, and less about the road”.
Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper, the Housekeeping Supervisor at Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites is responsible for leading and supporting the Room Attendants, Housepersons and Laundry Attendants in providing excellent service and cleanliness according to SilverBirch and Hampton Brand Standards. The Housekeeping Supervisor leads by example, providing genuine service and by exceeding internal and external guest expectations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Coordinate and support the daily activities of the housekeeping and laundry associates.
• Responsible for guest corridors, rooms, public areas, heart of the house and other specific areas of the hotel as assigned.
• Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service, leading by example
• Perform daily room checks and inspections as required
• Review daily schedule and adjust staffing as necessary for sudden changes.
• Review daily guest arrivals and departures, late checkouts, early arrivals and related information.
• Communicate and coordinate the preparation of rooms for guest arrival and ensure appropriate action taken for special guest requests (i.e. allergies, pet amenities, cleaning carpet stains, etc).
• Oversee Lost and Found program, timely processing of generated work orders, and special room concerns (i.e. pets in room, smoking in room) promptly and as per policy
• Actively participate in training and orientation of new associates, to ensure execution of hotel standards, key deliverables and Hampton Brand service standards.
• Address and respond appropriately to guest questions and concerns relating to service and room condition.
• Monitor performance for Housekeeping and Laundry Associates according to hotel policies as required, including participation in PPR performance reviews with the Executive Housekeeper.
• Ensure inter-departmental communication and cooperation in the interest of guest satisfaction
• Contributes to a healthy and safe work environment by reporting all safety hazards, following WHMIS and Fire safety training, and working in a safe manner.
• Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information
• Consistently practices guest and associate privacy and security
• At all times projects a favorable image of SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts to the public
• Consistently demonstrate our SilverBirch values – Engagement, Quality, Performance, Growth and Integrity
• Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required.
• Other projects/duties as assigned and required
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
• Minimum 1 year previous supervisory experience in a Hotel Rooms Division
• Previous experience in Housekeeping a definite asset
• Experience with Property Management systems and Microsoft Office
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Excellent guest service orientation.
• Highly organized and detail oriented with a passion for cleanliness.
• Works well under pressure and without supervision.
• Able to perform well in a fast paced environment.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong teamwork skills.
• Ability to motivate, train and develop team members.
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
• does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
• does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at email@example.com and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.