SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton, Radisson, Quality, Best Western and Ramada.
We are looking for a Hotel Assistant Controller at the Lethbridge Lodge Hotel & Conference Centre.
The Hotel Assistant Controller will be responsible for assisting the Controller in the professional fiscal management of the hotel including:
• Assist in providing timely and accurate financial reporting and analysis to the hotel, regional and corporate management teams
• Maintain proper systems and controls to effectively capture the transactions and safeguard the assets of the hotel
• Assist in the effective management of hotel expenses relative to business volumes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintain a system of accounts and internal controls to provide accurate, timely financial statements, and to provide effective control over the assets, revenues and expenses of the hotel.
• Assist in preparation of the monthly financial statements, bank reconciliations and balance sheet schedules.
• Assist the Controller and General Manager in the preparation of forecasts and budgets.
• Perform the Accounts Payable function in the hotel.
• Process all A/P invoices and ensure that necessary backup and approval is obtained.
• Code A/P invoices and prepare A/P package to send to Head Office.
• Reconcile purchase orders to invoices received and reconcile any differences.
• Monitor the procurement function in the hotel by maintaining and monitoring purchasing and receiving procedures.
• Assist with Credit & Collections of hotel Accounts Receivable and maintenance of A/R Ledger.
• Monitor and account for inventories and operating stocks within the hotel.
• Ensure that the hotel complies with all provincial and national laws and regulations.
• Participate in and support guest and associate satisfaction actions and strategies in the hotel.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
• A Degree/diploma in accounting/finance or CMA/CGA (about to complete or have completed).
• Experience in a Senior Accounting role
• Hospitality experience preferred
• Experience generating and analyzing monthly financial statements and reports
• Experience with budgetary processes; cost control/revenue maximization
• Knowledge of local, regional, provincial and federal laws and regulations (including tax regulations)
• Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Excel mandatory
• Experience with Microsoft Word and Network systems
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
Human Resource Services
Lethbridge Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
• does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
• does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.