SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages a large portfolio of full-service, focused service and extended stay hotels across Canada. The company manages independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton and Radisson.
We are looking for a Part Time Guest Service Agent at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott-Mississauga Airport Corporate Centre, Mississauga Ontario.
Reporting to the Guest Service Manager, the Guest Service Agent is responsible to increase customer satisfaction by providing efficient and courteous Front Desk service in accordance with the standards and values of SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide quality service to the customer by responding to their requests promptly, efficiently and courteously during check-in, check-out, and throughout their stay
• Register, process, and greet customers promptly, welcoming them to the hotel
• Arrange for special services requested by the guest
• Stay current with developments in the hotel by reviewing the communication log book each shift, update log book for the next shift
• Arrange fulfillment of customer services by working with all departments in the hotel
• Minimize loss of revenue by adhering to all established credit and inventory control procedures
• Ensure all customers establish credit upon check-in
• Monitor customer accounts to ensure adherence to hotel credit limits by completing high balance report and verify accuracy of registration information
• Improve timelines of cash flow by adhering to all established credit and inventory control procedures
• Verify all information on reservations check-in, including name, address, method of payment etc.
• Retrieve proper name and address verification and proper approval codes for cash and credit card paying customers
• Identify and record special billing instructions and notify accounting
• Complete shift closing accurately by getting appropriate approval signatures and authorization codes
• Increase revenues by offering gusts upgraded rooms and promoting hotel amenities and outlets
• Respond to reservation inquiries
• Answer telephones and take messages
• Handle guest mail
• Record guest comments
• Deal with guest complaints or refer dissatisfied guests to a manager.
• Responsible for maintaining the guest complimentary coffee station
• Assist in the execution of meeting breaks and meals
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
• College Diploma or Certificate in Hospitality
• Minimum 1 year front desk or customer service experience
• Hotel experience, and experience with a Hotel POS system is preferred
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate to a wide variety of people
• Possess exceptionally strong guest service skills to ensure superior guest service
• Outstanding team player, able to motivate and support all front of house associates
• Ability to sell the services of the hotel
• Excellent organizational skills with outstanding attention to detail
• Passion and drive to work and excel in the Hospitality Industry
• Pleasant, tactful and patient
• Primarily in an office environment-sometimes exposed to doors that frequently open to the outside with differing temperatures
• Required to stand for long periods of time (majority of shift)
• Available to work a variety of shifts which include days, afternoons, nights, weekends and holidays
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS AND RESORTS WELCOMES AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES. ACCOMMODATIONS ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST FOR CANDIDATES TAKING PART IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE SELECTION PROCESS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
• does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
• does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at email@example.com and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.