SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages a large portfolio of full-service, focused service and extended stay hotels across Canada. The company manages independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton and Radisson.
We are looking for a Guest Service Supervisor to join our team at the Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites by Hilton Downtown in Halifax.
Reporting to the Guest Service Manager, the Guest Service Supervisor is responsible for leading and supporting the Guest Service Agents in providing the highest standards of service and delivering exceptional guest experiences. The GSS leads by example, providing genuine service and by exceeding guest expectations, thereby assisting the Guest Service Manager in achieving both financial and service goals. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service, leading by example
- Perform accurate check-in and check-out service to our guests as required
- Create reservations via telephone, central/global reservations, correspondence and in person
- Support and coordinate the daily activities of the Guest Service Agents to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Review daily schedule and adjust staffing as necessary for sudden changes.
- Acts in capacity of Manager on Duty.
- Actively participate in training and orientation of new associates, to ensure execution of hotel standards, key deliverables and Hampton Brand service standards.
- Address and respond appropriately to guest questions and concerns relating to service, accommodations and rates.
- Review daily guest arrivals and departures, special requests, and related information.
- Coordinate group arrivals and departures.
- Monitor performance for Guest Service Agents according to hotel policies as required, including participation in PPR performance reviews with the Guest Service Manager.
- Leads and supports up-sell and perfect fill strategies while maintaining integrity.
- Support in ensuring Hilton Honours rewards program is promoted, encouraging memberships and follow through on delivery of benefits.
- Ensure inter-departmental communication and cooperation in the interest of guest satisfaction
- Contributes to a healthy and safe work environment by reporting all safety hazards, following WHMIS and Fire safety training, and working in a safe manner.
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information
- Consistently practices guest and associate privacy and security
- At all times projects a favorable image of SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts to the public
- Consistently demonstrate our SilverBirch values – Engagement, Quality, Performance, Growth and Integrity
- Other projects/duties as assigned and required
- Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- 1 – 3 years of banquet experience in a leadership role.
- Flexible and energetic with the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication, writing and organizational skills
- Minimum of 2 years Supervisory experience in a Hotel Guest Services environment.
- Able to work well independently with little supervision
- Knowledge/experience in hotel operations required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; capable of adapting communication style to various mediums and levels of the organization
- Service focused, understands the principles and processes required for providing exceptional, personalized service in a timely manner
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Education in Hospitality and Tourism an asset
- Excellent guest, customer and associate relations skills
- Ability to multi task and prioritize while providing excellent customer service
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts including weekends
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment with minimal direction
- Able to take initiative, follow timelines and meet deadlines
- Positive, professional demeanor
- Strong computer & telephone abilities
- Able to operate PMS
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.