SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages
over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under
major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Radisson, Hilton, Quality, Best Western and Ramada.
We are looking for a Guest Services Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites® by Marriott in St.John’s.
It is a very exciting time to join the SilverBirch family with our new partner Fairfield Inn & Suites® by
Marriott. Formerly known as The Travellers Inn St. John’s, the hotel is currently undergoing a $21 million
complete revitalization and will re-open early 2013 with both a new name and a brand-new look!
Fairfield Inn & Suites provides everything guests need to work productively, maximize down time, eat well
and sleep soundly, and keep their stay going smoothly, all at an exceptional value. Guests can once
again believe in the value of a comfortable, affordable and reliable business hotel.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Guest Services Manager is a key member of the management
group. The Guest Services Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the front desk team consistently
operates at an exceptionally high service level to all guests while providing assistance in key operational
areas such as Housekeeping and Food &Beverage.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the General Manager in the preparation of the annual labour & expense budget for the Front Office.
- Interview, hire, train and coach all Front Office associates.
- Ensure all Front Office associates consistently offer a high standard of service to all guests, both internal and external.
- To keep well informed of all events and issues within the hotel and to communicate to all Front Office associates.
- Ensure check-in and check-out process is expedient while displaying the highest quality of customer service to guests.
- Deal with guest concerns promptly to resolve challenges as they arise.
- Create associate work schedules in accordance with forecasted occupancy and adjusts staffing needs where necessary.
- Responsible for compliance with established credit and inventory control procedures.
- Ensure proper completion of guest service duties including tracking, billing and posting.
- Identify and record special billing instructions and maintains contact with accounting department.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum 2-3 years as a manager or Guest Services Supervisor
- Proven leadership, motivational and training skills
- Superior guest/customer service abilities and a high attention to detail in a busy and changing environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Proficient in computer skills including Excel and MS Office
- Must be available to work all shifts
- Experience with Opera an asset
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND
ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent
SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at email@example.com
and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian