SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages a large portfolio of full-service, focused service and extended stay hotels across Canada. The company manages independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton and Radisson.
We are looking for a part time Guest Services Agent, Residence Inn by Marriott Downtown Vancouver, Vancouver, BC.
In the role of the Front Office Agent / Guest Service Agent, you would be responsible for maximizing hotel revenue and guest satisfaction by providing exemplary service in the capacity of working primarily at the Front Desk and with special projects at the Front Office when required. All service provided is expected to be consistent with the Hotel, SilverBirch Hotel & Resorts sand Residence Inn by Marriott standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complete all check-ins and check-outs of hotel guests in a timely fashion following proper settlement procedures.
- Communicates with all related departments regarding guest concerns.
- Directs all guest complaints and concerns to the appropriate department.
- Answers the switchboard and all other related phone duties in a polite and professional manner.
- Handles and completes daily cash summaries following credit policies as outlined by management.
- Fully understands the front desk computer system and how all transactions are posted properly.
- Treats all guests in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Excellent keyboarding skills
- Familiar with all programs and fully aware of how they work and how to explain and market them to guests.
- Records all guest reservations including group bookings and rooming lists, monitors room inventory on a daily basis. Familiar with rate tiers for all types of accommodations available and maximizes revenue with every check-in.
- Answers and follows up on all guest inquiries and/or complaints concerning the Hotel and its services in a polite and tactful manner.
- Reports all comments regardless of nature to management.
- Provides additional coverage and back-up for night audit shifts when required due to vacations, illness, leave of absences or when additional work needs to be completed.
- Assist with special projects for the Front Office
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum 1-2 year customer service experience
- Hospitality experience preferred
- Must have experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with FOSSE or other PMS systems an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptionally strong guest service skills to ensure superior guest service and satisfaction
- Team player who is able to recognize the value of both internal and external guests
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Passion and drive to work, excel and grow in the Hospitality Industry
- Tourism/Hospitality Management Diploma or Post-Secondary Degree preferred
- Must be able to work various shifts including morning, afternoon, weekends and graveyards.
- Sound judgment and decision making skills.
- Flexible and energetic with the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritize with strong data entry, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Ablity to stand for extended periods of time
- Able to work with challenging situations
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
Bryin W. Munroe – Human Resources
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at email@example.com and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.