SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages a large portfolio of full-service, focused service and extended stay hotels across Canada. The company manages independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton and Radisson.
We are looking for a permanent, full-time Guest Services Agent at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Conference Centre Regina, SK.
The Guest Services Agent is responsible for ensuring the highest standards of hospitality are demonstrated at all times when welcoming guests into the hotel. The GSA will be first and last point of contact to all guests staying at the hotel and must ensure all Operating Procedures are adhered to.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Acknowledge and greet each guest as they arrive. Verify that all the information on the guest is the same as the information in the computer system
- Switchboard duties, Taking reservations
- Responsible for cash float and receipt of customer payments via cash or credit card.
- Handle each reservation and phone call courteously
- Ensure that each guest’s information is correct and a valid method of payment is received
- Be familiar with all room types and rates. Have full knowledge of rates and any changes that may occur to policy.
- Dealing with any and all guest requirements and requests including faxes, photocopies, etc…
- Effectively handle a complaint or emergency situation until either a supervisor or manager is available. This includes knowing when to call a manager to handle a difficult guest.
- Be aware of events within the hotel and Regina, and direct guests appropriately.
- Handle all aspects of the front office procedures quickly and effectively. This includes both cashier and reception duties.
- Communication of guest requests to Banquets and Maintenance via radio and pager. Telephone any guest requests to the housekeeping department
- Keep lobby and back office clean, uncluttered, and organized
- Document any guest complaints to the Front Office Manager and the General Manager
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Front Office Manager
- Assist with guest luggage and storage when required. There is no bellman on duty therefore, the GSA will be responsible for filling those duties themselves.
- Be aware of all emergency procedures including fire and evacuation. Procedures must be followed and reviewed regularly. Always report any concerns, safety hazards and incidents to the Front Office Manager.
- Must be available 7am – 11:30pm, 7 days a week. Will be scheduled for varying shifts.
- Able to continuously stand, bend, and lift
- Follow all policies and procedures set forth by DoubleTree
- Repetitive computer use
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- Previous front desk experience is an asset
- Working knowledge of computers
- Fluency in English and ability to handle customer complaints in a professional and courteous manner
- Minimum Grade Twelve
- Professional in appearance and demeanor
- Friendly and engaging
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Regina & area
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at email@example.com and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.