SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages a large portfolio of full-service, focused service and extended stay hotels across Canada. The company manages independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton and Radisson.
We are looking for Full Time/ Part Time Guest Service Agents at the Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites by Hilton Halifax Downtown.
Reporting to the Guest Service Manager, the Guest Service Agent at Hampton Inn is responsible for anticipating & delivering exceptional guest experiences. They are responsible for ensuring that exceptional service is provided by engaging our guests, active listening, problem solving, communication and follow up to ensure complete satisfaction. The successful candidate will work roughly 40 hours per week; including weekends.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
• Perform accurate check-in and check-out service to our guests
• Provide courteous and efficient telephone services including accurate message taking, delivering and tracking messages, guest mail, packages and other items as requested.
• Supports up-sell and perfect fill strategies while maintaining integrity.
• Answer guest inquiries regarding rates, special packages, and general information accurately and in a timely manner
• Create reservations via telephone, central/global reservations, correspondence and in person
• Present statements of charges to departing guests and receive payment
• Ensure the safety and well-being of our guests and co-workers by maintaining a knowledge of crisis and emergency procedures
• Support in ensuring Hilton Honours rewards program is promoted, encouraging memberships and follow through on delivery of benefits.
• Ensure inter-departmental communication and cooperation in the interest of guest satisfaction
• Contributes to a healthy and safe work environment by reporting all safety hazards, following WHMIS and Fire safety training, and working in a safe manner.
• Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information
• Consistently practices guest and associate privacy and security
• At all times projects a favorable image of SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts to the public
• Consistently demonstrate our SilverBirch values – Engagement, Quality, Performance, Growth and Integrity
• Other projects/duties as assigned and required
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
• Minimum 2 years in guest or customer service environment
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Education in Hospitality and Tourism an asset
• Past hotel experience is an asset
• Excellent guest, customer and associate relations skills
• Ability to multi task and prioritize while providing excellent customer service
• Must be able to work a variety of shifts including weekends
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment with minimal direction
• Able to take initiative, follow timelines and meet deadlines
• Positive, professional demeanor
• Strong computer & telephone abilities
• Able to operate PMS
• Must be able to work a variety of shifts.
• Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 20 pounds without assistance
• Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
• does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
• does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.