SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton, Radisson, Quality, Best Western and Ramada.
We are looking for a full-time Guest Service Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton West Edmonton in Edmonton, AB.
Reporting to the Director of Rooms, the Guest Services Manager will ensure efficient and courteous service to each guest and maximize room revenues by directing and supervising the activities of Guest Services in accordance with the standards of SilverBirch.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manage and coordinate the daily activities of the Front Office team to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Schedule associates in accordance with forecasted occupancy; adjust staffing as necessary for sudden changes.
• Select, orient, train and coach qualified associates, to ensure execution of hotel standards, key deliverables and approved methods of service.
• Address questions and problems relating to guest room accommodations and rates.
• Control open and closed dates, availability and condition of rooms.
• Provide control over rates; implements approved rate changes, in conjunction with Revenue Manager.
• Provide effective key control and participates in matters relating to guest room security.
• Monitor advance deposit procedure.
• Assist in preparing reports as requested to develop a more informative database for applicable decision making.
• Maintain statistics on rooms and reservations, guest arrivals and departures, average occupancy rates, and related information.
• Ensure the Front Office operates within approved budgets and prepares annual budget.
• Coordinate billing with the Accounting Department.
• Manage group arrivals and departures.
• Familiarity with emergency and fire procedures. Ensures associates comply with Health & Safety rules and procedures.
• Manage expenses, maximize revenues, encourage up-selling through incentives, and work at staying ahead of the competition.
• Manage performance for all direct reports according to hotel policies as required; including providing PPR performance reviews according to established deadlines.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
• Project a favourable image of SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts to the public at all times
• Consistently demonstrate our SilverBirch Hotel & Resorts values – Engagement, Quality, Performance, Growth and Integrity
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
• Minimum 3 years of front office experience, preferably in a supervisory role
• Experience working with a major hotel brand is a requirement
• Excellent guest service orientation
• Works well under pressure and without supervision
• Able to perform effectively in a fast paced environment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong teamwork skills
• Ability to motivate, train and develop team members
• Experience with Property Management systems and Microsoft Office
• Normal office working conditions
• Fast paced environment that is often demanding
• Stand and sit for extended periods of time to perform position duties
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
• does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
• does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at email@example.com and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.