SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton, Radisson, Quality, Best Western and Ramada.
We are looking for a General Manager at the Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites in Victoria, BC.
Reporting to the Regional Vice-President, Southwest, the General Manager is responsible for all aspects
of hotel operations while also accepting accountability for the coaching and mentoring of all senior
leadership team members in the development of a strong service culture. The General Manager is
instrumental in fostering an entrepreneurial spirit that displays the values and vision of SilverBirch Hotels
& Resorts. Working in strategic unison with an engaged Regional and Corporate team to enhance and
strengthen the hotels presence in Victoria the General Manager will be successful in the maximization of
Revenue generation as well as overall Market Share, NOI, ASI and GSI results.
The General Manager is a strategic thinker who provides clear, concise, direction to the hotel team.
Utilizing strong interpersonal skills the General Manager is the champion in all matters related to
associate engagement. The General Manager will achieve desired outcomes through the alignment of
operational and organizational strategies and as senior leader possess an exceptional track record for
bringing about positive change in a winning environment. The General Manager will excel in change
management, facilitation and people management skills allowing for the delivery of operational
We are looking for a strategic manager who believes this role is not desk bound but a healthy and
effective balance between hands-on management and strategic vision.
If you are looking for a challenge in which you are encouraged to, and are able to make a difference,
where you will enjoy leading a dynamic team and where your winning spirit will take us to the next level of
excellence; this is the ideal role for you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The General Manager will provide overall operational leadership with a primary responsibility to plan,
direct, manage and oversee the strategic direction, activities and operations of the hotel and associates.
- Directs the annual hotel strategic planning process, operating budget and annual Marketing and Capital Plans
- Maximizes NOI through effective execution of sales and marketing plans, revenue management, customer service and effective cost controls.
- Analyzes property operations on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Responsible for the preparation, implementation and execution of forecasts, budgets and business cases/plans.
- Effective deployment and efficient execution of Capital expenditures.Guest Experience (GSI)
- Creates a strong service and operational excellence culture in the hotel and maximizes GSI results.
- Monitors cost controls, property condition, cleanliness and quality of product and service throughout the hotel.
- Promotes and encourages inter-departmental cooperation and communication to improve customer service and overall guest satisfaction
- Evaluates and understands customer needs and strives for continual customer service improvements
- Identifies and analyzes marketing/sales needs and develops effective short and long term strategies to meet changing needs of the hotel
- Analyzes market research data to identify trends and opportunities to increase revenues and market share
- Reviews and implements pricing strategies for group and transient segments, and catering
- Maintains an active role in the community, civic and industry organizations
- Provides direction, leadership, support and coaching to sales & catering team
- Provides strategic direction to the hotel sales teams on marketing and sales strategies and programs that will result in the highest revenue growth and market share potential in their competitive set
- Understands and believes in an agile business philosophy and redirects resources in response to changing business conditions
- Maximizes CSI through strong leadership and utilizing of SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts Human Resources policies and practices.
- Ensures the hotel is operating in full compliance with all provincially and federally legislated employment standards, guidelines and human rights codes.
- Maintains an open door policy for all and acts as a liaison between associates and managers.
- Coaches, guides and administers the progressive discipline process with the Hotel Managers and Supervisors and ensures Personal Performance Review evaluations are completed accurately and on time.
- Leads Executive Committee meetings and develops, implements and monitors professional people systems, processes, and procedures that will result in the highest customer and associate satisfaction.
- Prepares and governs the Human Resources budget for the Hotel.
- Accepts and directs the growth of our human capital
Education & Qualifications:
- Certificate/Diploma/Degree or equivalent education in Hospitality or Hotel Management; achievement of a Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA) designation is preferred.
- Three to five (3-5) years experience as an Executive Committee Member and /or hotel manager.
- Extensive senior leadership experience preferably within a full service hotel environment; matched with exposure to the daily management of all areas of operation involving human resources, sales & marketing, budget management, rooms, housekeeping and maintenance.
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills – demonstrated ability to lead and/or influence other in order to have a specific impact or effect.
- Ability to set priorities, plan, organize, delegate, control and inspire. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated broad business knowledge and organizational awareness
- Experience in a unionized environment is preferred
- Team-building and inspirational leadership experience advantageous.
- Demonstrates a total commitment to the stakeholder (ownership, corporate & regional leadership teams, hotel, guest & associates) both anticipating and delivering on expectations
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
Contact us at:
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND
ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent
SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian