SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hospitality companies owning and operating 25 hotels across Canada. We asset manage and operate hotels under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton, Radisson, and Quality.
We are looking for a full-time, permanent, General Manager at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Vancouver, BC.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Asset Management, the General Manager is responsible for maximizing the profitability of the hotel by focusing on revenue generation, market share, operating efficiency, associate engagement and guest satisfaction. In addition, this role is accountable for the coaching and mentoring of all leadership team members in the development of a strong service culture.
The General Manager is a strong leader who provides clear, concise, direction to the hotel team. Utilizing strong interpersonal skills, the General Manager is the champion in all matters related to associate engagement.
The General Manager will achieve desired outcomes through the alignment of operational and organizational strategies and as a senior leader possess an exceptional track record for bringing about positive change in a winning environment.
The General Manager will excel in change management, facilitation and people management skills allowing for the delivery of operational excellence.
We are looking for a strong manager who believes this role is not desk bound but a healthy and effective balance between hands-on management and strategic direction.
If you are looking for a challenge in which you are encouraged to, and are able to make a difference, where you will enjoy leading a dynamic team and where your winning spirit will take us to the next level of excellence; this is the ideal role for you.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The General Manager will provide overall operational leadership with primary responsibility to plan, direct, manage and oversee the strategic direction, activities and operations of the hotel and associates.
- Directs the annual hotel strategic planning process, operating budget and annual marketing and capital plans
- Maximizes GOP through effective execution of sales and marketing plans, revenue management, guest service and effective cost controls.
- Responsible for hotel operating efficiency and ensures high performance on key operating efficiency metrics.
- Analyzes property operations on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Responsible for the preparation, implementation and execution of forecasts, budgets and business cases/plans.
- Effective deployment and efficient execution of capital expenditures.
- Creates a strong service and operational excellence culture in the hotel and maximizes GSI results.
- Monitors cost controls, property condition, cleanliness and quality of product and service throughout the hotel.
- Promotes and encourages inter-departmental cooperation and communication to improve customer service and overall guest satisfaction
- Evaluates and understands customer needs and strives for continual customer service improvements
- Provides strategic direction to the hotel sales teams on marketing and sales strategies and programs that will result in the highest revenue growth and market share potential in their competitive set
- Identifies and analyzes marketing/sales needs and develops effective short and long term strategies to meet changing needs of the hotel
- Analyzes market research data to identify trends and opportunities to increase revenues and market share
- Reviews and implements pricing strategies for group and transient segments.
- Maintains an active role in the community, civic and industry organizations
- Understands and believes in an agile business philosophy and redirects resources in response to changing business conditions
- Maximizes associate engagement through strong leadership and utilizing of SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts Human Capital policies and practices.
- Ensures the hotel is operating in full compliance with all provincially and federally legislated employment standards, guidelines and human rights codes.
- Maintains an open door policy for all and acts as a liaison between associates and managers.
- Creates a positive labour relations environment and ensures associate issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Coaches, guides and administers the progressive discipline process with managers and supervisors and ensures performance discussions are reviews are completed accurately and on time.
- Leads leadership team meetings and develops, implements and monitors professional people systems, processes, and procedures that will result in the highest customer and associate satisfaction.
- Prepares and governs the Human Capital budget for the hotel and directs the growth of the human capital in the hotel.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- Certificate/Diploma/Degree or equivalent education in Hospitality or Hotel Management; achievement of a Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA) designation is preferred.
- Three to five (3-5) years experience as a hotel leadership team member and /or hotel manager.
- Extensive senior leadership experience preferably within a focus service hotel environment; matched with exposure to the daily management of all areas of operation involving human capital, sales & marketing, budget management, rooms, housekeeping and maintenance.
- Extensive experience leading teams within a unionized operation.
- Experience working with the Marriott brand.
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills – demonstrated ability to lead and/or influence other in order to have a specific impact or effect.
- Ability to set priorities, plan, organize, delegate, control and inspire.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated broad business knowledge and organizational awareness
- Team-building and inspirational leadership experience advantageous.
- Demonstrates a total commitment to the stakeholder (ownership, corporate teams, guests & associates) both anticipating and delivering on expectations
- Normal office working conditions
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at email@example.com and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.