SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages a large portfolio of full-service, focused service and extended stay hotels across Canada. The company manages independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton and Radisson.
We are looking for an Front Office Supervisor at the Radisson Hotel Edmonton South in Edmonton, Alberta.
In the role of Front Office Supervisor you will assist with leading and attaining customer satisfaction by providing efficient and courteous Front Office service in accordance with standards. You will help create a fun, positive and safe working environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the supervision of the Guest Services team
- Provides on-going coaching and mentoring to all members of the Front Office
- Ensures associate satisfaction through right hiring, retention, training and effective communication meetings and processes
- Ensure applicable health and safety standards are understood and applied
- Increases occupancy and the average rate while maintaining a high quality of services
- Resolves guest problems quickly, efficiently and courteously
- Develop a good knowledge of the computer and front office equipment
- Training, evaluating, supervising of staff
- Registers, processes and greets customers promptly, welcoming him/her to the hotel
- Arranges special services requested by our guests
- Stays current with developments in the hotel by reviewing the communication pieces
- Arranges fulfillment of customer services by working with housekeeping, reservations and room service departments
- Engages staff and is the Champion with our Club Carlson Program
- Updates on the Club Carlson Program and ensuring training is completed with new information
- Assist the Assistant Front Office Manager with all Guest comment cards ensuring they are followed up and responded to on a timely manner
- Minimizes loss of revenue by adhering to all established credit and inventory control procedures
- Insures all customers establish credit upon check-in
- Monitors customer accounts to insure adherence to hotel credit limits by completing high balance report and verifies accuracy of registration information.
- Improves timeliness of cash flow by adhering to all established credit and inventory control procedures
- Verifies all information on reservation check-in; name, address, method of payment, etc.
- Retrieves proper name and address verification and proper codes for cash and credit card paying customers
- Identifies and records special billing instructions and notifies accounting
- As a working supervisor you will ensure that the agents are selling the hotel and working the upselling program.
- Completes shift closing accurately by getting appropriate approval signatures and authorization codes
- Increases revenues by offering customers upgraded rooms and promoting hotel amenities and outlets.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 year Guest Services experience
- Extensive Front office computer knowledge
- OPERA knowledge an asset
- Flexible and energetic with the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Exceptional customer services skills
- Ability to take initiative with projects, committees, and future goals
- Normal office working conditions.
- Shift work; early morning, late nights, mid-shifts
- Working closely with multicultural team and guests
- At the front desk, on feet for long periods of time, work involves: standing, walking, sitting
- Day, evening, weekend, and holiday hours as required by business.
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS AND RESORTS WELCOMES AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES. ACCOMMODATIONS ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST FOR CANDIDATES TAKING PART IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE SELECTION PROCESS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at email@example.com and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.