SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Best Western, Marriott, Hilton, Radisson, Hilton, Quality, and Ramada.
We are looking for a Front Office Manager at the Ramada Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre in Edmonton, Alberta.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Front Office Manager is responsible for leading and championing the front office team within the hotel by maximizing hotel revenues and optimizing guest satisfaction. They are passionate about serving others and working as a team with associates from all departments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Leads, motivates and coaches the associates in order to maximize productivity and satisfaction
• Actively participates, coaches and leads associates in guest problem resolution processes to ensure that guest service opportunities are resolved quickly and addressed effectively
• Ensures incentive programs are in place and well communicated
• Approves all Front Office up-sells from previous month and compiles verified results onto master spreadsheet
• Practices the fundamental principles of revenue management and utilizes revenue management techniques in order to maximize occupancy and average rates
• Ensures accuracy of room block assignments, arrangements for special requests, VIP accommodations and the distribution of the VIP lists
• Contributes as a member of the Hotel RevMax team. Plays a key role in implementing strategies for transient and 3rd party website positioning and will attend RevMax meetings monthly
• Effectively communicates rate strategies and revenue expectations to the front office department, so that maximum revenue potential for each day is realized
• Trains and monitors Rewards Program requirements to ensure the associates are meeting standards and objectives
• Conducts regular walk throughs of the hotel. Notes any deficiencies and follows up as required
• Ensures associates are recognized regularly for their contribution
• Promotes and encourages inter-departmental cooperation and communication to ensure overall guest satisfaction is at an optimum
• Executes Monthly Communication Meetings including CSI/GSI, Current Trends/Health & Safety as well as standards review and audit results
• Develops strategies and action plans to achieve set goals and objectives for NOI, GSI and CSI
• Conducts bi-weekly one on one meeting with supervisors / assistant FOM / Manager on Duty to foster development and ensure solid communication
• Meets and exceeds the expectations of the associates by utilizing leadership skills and motivation techniques in order to maximize associate productivity and satisfaction of direct reports
• Selects, orients, trains and coaches qualified associates
• Conducts effective associate meetings and counseling sessions
• Conducts performance reviews according to established deadlines
• Designs and ensures active participation of associates for all training programs
• Ensures attendance to Hotel functions IE: town hall/Success Committee
• Listens and responding to guests’ requests or concerns and taking action until completion
• Performing all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position
• Performing any other duties as required or deemed necessary to provide superior service and teamwork
• Maintaining a favorable working relationship with all other associates to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working environment
• Projecting a favorable image of SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts Hospitality to the public
• Ensures all team members are trained on fire safety plan and the procedures within
• Ensures back office is clean & clear of clutter for evacuation as needed
• Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information
• Consistently practices guest and associate privacy and security
• Consistently practices guest and associate safety, upholding the hotels health and safety policy
• Any other duties as assigned.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
• Energetic and flexible, able to work under pressure
• Excellent communication skills
• Passion for providing excellent customer service
• Organized and available to multi task priorities
• High School Diploma required
• Hospitality experience is an asset.
• Previous leadership experience is required.
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
Those interested in applying are invited to forward a resume in confidence to the attention of:
Contact us at:
Direct Fax: (780) 453-7333
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
• does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
• does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.